Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Belmont 18 summer old bourbon

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.

Belmont 18 summer old bourbon

Postby turboman » Fri May 13, 2005 7:27 am

I have Belmont bourbon- 22 one quart bottles, 12 of them in 100% intact crate and 10 more in 95% complete crate. All packing materials(wood shavings, old newspaper) are here as well. These were sealed crates until I opened them this week when I aquired them. All bottles are sealed with no loss at all. I drank one that night and the person giving them to me kept one.

I also have 6 or 7 one gallon bottles that have some loss (approx 2-3 ounces per gallon). The oscar getz museum told me that the quarts are worth around $1500 each and the gallons are so rare they have none in inventory. These bottles have no tax stamps on them or any bottled in bond label. They have no shenley markings either. It is 100 proof, aged 18 years. Pre prohibition?

It's origin is interesting. In 1990 or so a 93 year old gentleman passed away. His wife's family owned the empire state building. My friend who gave me this bought this mans wine cellar at auction. In the lot were many bottles of wine shipped from the hotel de paris in monaco, labels intact, with dates from 1900 on.

I am intersted in the value of this lot as a whole or bottle by bottle. I may be interested in selling this once the value has been found.
turboman

Postby turboman » Mon May 23, 2005 7:04 pm

I recently found a label in the top of the empty gallon that read distilled in 1899 and bottled in 1917. I also met the man who did some work for jp corccoran, the original owner. He also confirmed that the dates were correct per conversations with jp.

All of the quarts are sealed with only the slightest evaporation(1 ounce or less each) and the gallons are sealed with 3-4 ounces loss each.
turboman

Return to Collector's Corner

Whisky gift and present finder