Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Batch 01 of Labrot and Graham Woodford Reserve

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.

Batch 01 of Labrot and Graham Woodford Reserve

Postby arasco » Wed May 18, 2005 5:25 pm

I have one of the first 1,000 bottles of batch 01 ever produced by Labrot and Graham. Has anyone seen these low number, batch 01 bottles sell?

I've checked ebay a few times and I've never seen one for sale.

What seems to be a going price?
arasco

Postby Deactivated Member » Mon May 23, 2005 7:29 pm

Unless you have a bottle # in the single digits (e.g., #1-9), it's probably worth more to drink it than sell it. I have one like yours on the shelf currently, and opened another with some bourbon aficianados last fall. It's very good -- better than the middle lots (say, #s 30-90; when they began adding pot-stilled distillate after Batch 90.
Prior to Batch 90, Brown Forman simply selected the best 'honey barrels" they could find that matched the WR taste profile from their Louisville operation, finishing their aging in Woodford rackhouses. As they picked over the barrels, there were fewer and fewer 'primo' ones, and the later batches suffered.
Also, early batches were only about 8,000 bottles, while current ones run to 30,000, so there aren't as many of the very good early ones left.
Deactivated Member

Return to Collector's Corner

Whisky gift and present finder