Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

How important is condition?

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.

How important is condition?

Postby imajica » Wed May 07, 2014 2:12 pm

Hello all,
I - like many new posters it seems - have been left a lot of bottles. I'm gradually working my way through enjoying all those with no real collectable value as I'm sure that is what my dad would have wanted :thumbsup: however I'm left with a few limited edition odds and ends from the 80s that aren't especially valuable but it seems a shame to drink them if somebody would like them in a collection. How perfect do the labels have to be for something to be worth collecting? I have 6 bottles of Teacher's 60 Reserve Stock for instance, that I've had wrapped roughly in newspaper in a dusty cupboard for years!

Any guidance would be appreciated!
imajica

Re: How important is condition?

Postby whiteshirt » Wed May 07, 2014 2:44 pm

Where are you based?

Any single malts?

Ebay or Whisky Auction sites are good depending where you are..
whiteshirt
Bronze Member

Re: How important is condition?

Postby imajica » Sun May 11, 2014 2:47 pm

Thanks for the reply.
I'm in Surrey, it seems all the auctions are in Scotland and I doubt the value would be worth the cost of getting them there. EBay don't let you sell alcohol, although I suppose people find a way around that.

I will have a proper browse through for single malts, but I don't hold out much hope for great whisky, just the semi-collectable bits I mentioned before.
imajica

Return to Collector's Corner

Whisky gift and present finder