Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Sullivan's Cove HH525

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.

Sullivan's Cove HH525

Postby NB1981 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:49 am

Hi all

I was lucky enough to accidentally buy 2 bottles from the award winning barrel 525 of Tasmania's Sullivans Cove distillery. I saw on the news website that Sullivan's Cove French Oak cask has won the award and so picked up a couple of bottles that same day... before the stampede started i guess. I just returned from a family holiday to Hobart, where i learned that they might be worth a fair bit of money if they were from the right batch. Both bottles are from the same barrel (HH525), unfortunately one only has a few drams left. Easy come easy go! it was a nice drop, but i think definitely matched by some of the Nant whiskies i tried down there.

The other is i daresay not about to be quaffed so piggishly.

I know nothing of collecting whisky. Could anyone spare any advice on what is likely to happen to this bottle as a collectible over the years ahead? Is it worth selling it now, or will it hold value over time? The bottle is sealed and boxed.

Many thanks
NB1981

Return to Collector's Corner

Whisky gift and present finder