Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

1909 Canadian Club Whisky

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.

Signatory Whisky

Postby palomar » Thu Mar 28, 2002 8:00 pm

I am just wondering if anyone could tell me anything about Signatory Vintage Whiskys. My friend has a bottle of Single Islay Malt Scotch Whisky. It says the whisky is from 1976 and even has a bottle number. He would like to know if this is worth keeping...... or drinking!!!
palomar

Postby Deactivated Member » Tue Apr 02, 2002 2:38 pm

Hi Palomar,

It depends wheather your friend is a collector or not. If he is I need more details. If he's not just simply drink it and enjoy it.....

Slainte,

Erik
Deactivated Member

Postby Opi » Wed Apr 03, 2002 7:19 am

The only Islay Single Malt from Signatory distilled in 1976 that I know is a Port Ellen. The dumpy bottle is in a blue velvet box, the whisky is 22 years old and at 55.9% alcohol by volume. I bought this bottle nearly two years ago for (now) 95 Euro and have seen it again a few weeks ago for now 165 Euro.
Either way its worth collecting and drinking.

Look at www.whisky-files.com for more bottlings from Signatory (only Ardbeg and Port Ellen) in the case it´s not that bottling.
Opi

Postby jonno » Wed Apr 03, 2002 6:40 pm

There is also a Caol Ila in the same box. This is 24 years old and cask strength. Costs 60 GBP (100 Euros). Drink or keep, your choice!

Enjoy!
jonno

1909 Canadian Club Whisky

Postby charles kautz » Fri Apr 19, 2002 6:59 pm

Hi, I'm new to this chat room and BB. I recently cleaned out a prohibition era wine cellar and came across 6 bottles of CC that were sealed in 1909, and cases of "Privelege Blend " straight whiskey that were bottled in 1944. Also there are bottles of cognac,sherry,gin vermouth, wine and things Ive never heard of. Every thing looks good and is cork sealed,but is it worth any thing??? Also, it appears that some bottles have experienced an evaporation of some of the whiskey,how can this be??? I would be grateful for any comments and feedback to help me learn more about this ..Thank you
charles kautz

Return to Collector's Corner

Whisky gift and present finder