Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Mortlach 1947

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.

Mortlach 1947

Postby maggio » Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:44 pm

I have a Mortlach 1947 whisky. Trying to find out news about it without success. Has anyone some informations about it? Thanks
maggio

Postby maggio » Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:13 pm

Hi there.
Can anyone tell me how much it worths?
Thanks
maggio

Postby Deactivated Member » Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:38 pm

Hello, Maggio. This kind of question comes up here fairly regularly, and unfortunately we don't seem to have any professional appraisers hanging around. Even if someone did happen to have an idea about your particular bottle, they'd need to know more about it--who bottled it, when it was bottled, how you came by it, etc. Someone might be able to give you an idea of how to go about finding out, but it's rarely as simple as "This bottle is worth x". Good luck.
Deactivated Member

Postby maggio » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:56 am

Thanks for your suggest MrTattieHeid. All I can say about this bottle is what I can read on the label..... so.... Mortlach distilled 1947 - 70° proof - Proprietors George Cowie & Son Ltd. (Mortlach Glenlivet Distillery - Dufftown) - Bonded and Bottled by: Gordon & Macphail, Elgin. That's all.
maggio

Postby corbuso » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:15 pm

maggio wrote:Thanks for your suggest MrTattieHeid. All I can say about this bottle is what I can read on the label..... so.... Mortlach distilled 1947 - 70° proof - Proprietors George Cowie & Son Ltd. (Mortlach Glenlivet Distillery - Dufftown) - Bonded and Bottled by: Gordon & Macphail, Elgin. That's all.

Gordon & Macphail (G&M) is pretty well know for their old Mortlachs and Stratishla. Could you precise how the label looks like?
I would not be surprised if it is a 47 or 50 years old Mortlach that you can still find in some shops, because their price was somewhat excessive.
Corbuso
corbuso
Gold Member

Postby maggio » Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:04 pm

Gordon & Macphail (G&M) is pretty well know for their old Mortlachs and Stratishla. Could you precise how the label looks like?
I would not be surprised if it is a 47 or 50 years old Mortlach that you can still find in some shops, because their price was somewhat excessive.
Corbuso[/quote]

Well, the label looks similar to the mortlach 1936'one (see http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/acatal ... CUR_2f2519 ) except for the colours. It has a light brown frame with a lighter one background, and in the center of the label a dark blue square. The shape of the glass is the same.
Thanks
maggio

Return to Collector's Corner

Whisky gift and present finder