Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Swapping whiskies

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.

Swapping whiskies

Postby Argyll » Mon Nov 18, 2002 1:24 pm

I am not sure whether a website or chat forum exitsts for this already but I would like to find out if there are collectors out there wo are willing to swap whiskies?

For instance, I have a spare Caol Ila and Rosebank from the Flora & Fauna Series in their original wooden boxes that I would swap for a whole host of whiskies (such as a Glenugie, Glen Esk, or a Lagavulin DE etc etc).

I have others as well but thought I would throw this open to see what collectors are up to.

Argyll
Argyll

Postby Oliver » Wed Nov 20, 2002 3:48 am

All:

This is a grand idea!
We should encourage trading amongst SMS drinkers.
I for one have a couple of bottles of Springbank 21, some Macallan 18's (1979-1983) and others that I'd be ready to trade for stuff I can't here in the US. Such as vintage Glengoyne, Macallan Elegancia; Aberlour Limited Edition; Laphroig Cask Strength, the list goes on...
Anyone intersted can e-mail me directly!
Oliver
Silver Member

Postby howarths » Sat Nov 23, 2002 1:28 am

Sounds good in theory, but I don't know if I could bear to part with any of mine!!! Although I only collect to drink.

There must be many interested in doing this though surely? Good luck.
howarths

swapping whisky

Postby Bryan » Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:41 pm

Such a great idea. I have two bottles of Ballantine's 30 year old (the year 1982 is on the bottom of the bottle) that I am looking to trade for single malts (rare or common). Any takers?
Bryan

Postby Admiral » Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:24 am

The main item on my shopping list is a Black Bowmore. What would BB owners out there expect in return?

Admiral
Admiral
Triple Gold Member

Postby mortlach99 » Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:40 pm

Hello Argyll and everyone.
This could turn out to be a good thread. I like the sound of the Caol Ila. Does a Lagavulin DE sound tempting to you. I should be able to get my hands on one if your interested.
I've just started collecting rather than drinking and usually buy two bottles if I can. One to keep if I can resist temptation :?
Will be watching this thread with interest.
Cheers.
mortlach99

swapping bottles

Postby richard » Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:12 pm

i have swopped bottles before it can work if you both parties can agree i collect glenlivets and would swop some off my spares for glenlivets
richard
Silver Member

Anyone here have an...

Postby DerekRayborn » Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:42 am

Anyone here have an interested in Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey's? I have an ABUNDANCE!!! Woodford Reserve, Ancient Age, Jim Beam, Makers Mark, Crown Royal, Buffalo Trace, just to name a few off the top of my head. Happy collecting to all of you!!!
Drexenterprises@aol.com
DerekRayborn

Postby Oliver » Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:45 pm

I have a Mint Bottle and Tube of the Water Color label EDRADOUR that recently starred in WHISKY MAGAZINE's Collector's Pages and was valued at Around 150 pounds if memory serves.
I would trade it for One Bottle of Macallan 18 Distilled in 1978 or 1976 in the same perfect condition, high neck fill. If you are interested let me know. (You can also check my perfect Ebay feedback).
If this doesn't trade I will put it up on ebay and let you know.

Cheers,

Oliver
http://maltresistance.blogspot.com/
Today: How to Build A Cellar on The Cheap!
Oliver
Silver Member

Return to Collector's Corner

Whisky gift and present finder