Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Chivas Regal Wildlife ?

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.

Chivas Regal Wildlife ?

Postby Deactivated Member » Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:36 pm

I have been asked about a series of (I believe) 4 Chivas Regal bottlings called "Wildlife", or at least showing wildlife.
In particular, the bottle in question shows a leaping salmon.

Can anyone help with more info:
Availability, date(s), collectibility, value ....

Thanks in advance,
WH
Deactivated Member

wildlife

Postby richard » Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:19 pm

i could be wrong i remember having a similar bottle from signatory called the wildlife i think i had a bottle with a squirrel on it it was by signatory thats all i can remember

richard
richard
Silver Member

Postby The Fachan » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:49 am

WH,

The only thing that I have able to find out is that "Wildlife" was an advertising campaign with four wildlife posters including a leaping salmon.
If bottles exist it will only be on presentation tins. The campaign was seemingly run in the 60's
If I get more I will let you know.

Ian
The Fachan
Silver Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:22 pm

Thanks Fachan,
that sounds right.

The person who has this bottle and possibly access to more has asked me about their possible value, but I hadn't heard of these.
They referred to a set of four and said that they have the Leaping Salmon with them now.

I will check if this is only on the tin or also on the bottle label.

As this is from the 60's, does anyone know what kind of value it may have today?

Regards,
WH
Deactivated Member

Postby Mr Ellen » Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:11 pm

Hello WhiskyHammer, I guess these are the bottles/tins that you are after. They are often available at very good prices on eBay in Germany. You must have spotted them if you've searched your area.

The above bottles/tins are still up for sale so just check them out for their final prices. I think there are 4 different tins in total. (I could be wrong there :wink: )

Cheers...

Postby Deactivated Member » Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:56 pm

Thanks Mr. Ellen.
This request originates from a friend (non-whisky person) who has come across one of these in the UK.

I will point them at this forum and once again, thanks for the help and information.
WH
Deactivated Member

Return to Collector's Corner

Whisky gift and present finder