Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Can someone please tell me

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.

Can someone please tell me

Postby daisy » Mon May 08, 2006 12:07 am

Last year my husband was given a bottle of Hazelwood Centennial Reserve from the Glenffidich distillery of Wm.Grant & Sons, it is a blend of 20yr old whisky`s from 100 casks of which there was only 2001 bottles produced to celebrate the 100`th birthday of Janet Sheed Roberts the granddaughter of the founder William Grant. It was bottled on the 13th of Aug 2001.It is in a cardboard container with a photograph of the grandaughter on it and various other family photos on the back .We wondered what sort of price we should ask if we want to sell it..
thank you in advance for taking the time to read my post.
daisy

Postby TheLiquorBaron » Mon May 08, 2006 11:32 am

Hello Daisy,
My suggestion is not to let this bottle go for any less than 250pound. I am of the understanding that these bottles were not released commercially and only given to friends and employees of WGS.
Very much an iconic bottle for any Glenfiddich collector or anyone who drinks/collects WG's whiskies.

Cheers!
TheLiquorBaron
Bronze Member

Postby Lawrence » Mon May 08, 2006 4:07 pm

Try this fellow, he will know the value to the dollar;

Hans Henrik, his email address is h-hh@adslhome.dk
Lawrence
Matured cask

Postby daisy » Wed May 17, 2006 9:26 pm

THANK YOU BOTH VERY MUCH FOR THE REPLIES .
:)
daisy

Postby h-hh » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:24 pm

Hi Daisy

Lawrence promised to much when he said I could tell you the value to the dollar, but I can give you an idea of the price it have been sold for or redrawn from auctions.

I think Bar items priced it a little high. I have seen it sold for a little less than 100 GBP and seen it go bidless if the reserved price was more than 100 GBP so a reasonable price would be 80-100GBP, but why not keep it, don't believe it will loose in value. Another option is to opend it and just enjoy it. Beleive that was the main reason it was distilled for :lol:

Kind regards
Hans-Henrik
h-hh

Return to Collector's Corner

Whisky gift and present finder