Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Chivas Regal 1978

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.

Chivas Regal 1978

Postby leura » Mon May 15, 2006 10:35 am

We are a marriage couple from Slovenia.
Coincidentally, we happened to become an owner of an originally packed bottle of Chivas Regal 12 years old (bought in London in 1978) with original stickers and everything.
We would like to know if it has any value and if it can be sold to a passionate Whiskey Collector.
leura

Postby Deactivated Member » Mon May 15, 2006 11:28 am

There are some collectors of labels like Chivas Regal, but in general I don't think this bottle will be worth a great deal of money.

Why not open it and enjoy the contents.
WH
Deactivated Member

Re: Chivas Regal 1978

Postby leura » Mon May 15, 2006 12:23 pm

leura wrote:We are a marriage couple from Slovenia.
Coincidentally, we happened to become an owner of an originally packed bottle of Chivas Regal bought in London in 1978, with original stickers and everything. We think it's about 40 years old.
We would like to know how much it could be worth and if it can be sold to a passionate Whiskey Collector.
leura

Chivas Regal 1978

Postby leura » Mon May 15, 2006 12:48 pm

Can someone tell me the price.. how much is it worth, since it's about 40 years old??
leura

Postby Deactivated Member » Mon May 15, 2006 4:09 pm

I do like to help with valuations when I can, but this is one I cannot say for certain.
Blended whiskies rarely increase in value in the same way as single malts.

If the presentation is the same as the current one of today, then it will have no greater value than the current 12 y/o bottling as there will be nothing to differentiate it from the current one.
Therefore, you need to ask yourself:

Is there any date on the bottle or packaging?
Is the bottle label, bottle shape or packaging any different from todays version?
If it is different, then it may have slightly more value than the current bottle.
Even better would be if it were a "Special Edition" for some event with the details included on the label / packaging.

Regards,
WH
Deactivated Member

Re: Chivas Regal 1978

Postby findchivas » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:05 am

Im looking for a 700ml bottle of 12yo blended Chivas Regal date stamped anything in 1995, this particular year has major significance in that was my sons birth year and need to replace a bottle gone missing (possibly in a house move) given to me on his christening in 1995 set aside for his 21st in 2016, only recently discovered it's missing, any help would be greatly appreciated.
findchivas

Return to Collector's Corner

Whisky gift and present finder