Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Black and White whisky 1930's

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.

Black and White whisky 1930's

Postby redwon » Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:25 pm

I have been left a bottle of black and White Special blend whisky. I am trying to date it , I think it is from the 1930's. Around the neck it has a label ,by appointment to H. M the King and H.R.H the Prince of Wales. It is unopened and has a spring cap. any help on the date or if it is worth anything would be appreciated
redwon

Postby Deactivated Member » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:35 pm

If you follow this link:

http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/acatalog/The_Whisky_Exchange__BLENDED_SCOTCH_WHISKY_138.html

Then scroll down to the B&W "Bottled 1930's" and click on the "i" for a picture.
Is this the one?
If so, then bottled 1930's is about as accurate as you will get.

This is being sold for 99 GBP which I think is a little too high as if you try to sell yours, I doubt whether you will get quite this amount. But good luck if you decide to try.

WH
Deactivated Member

Postby redwon » Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:06 pm

Thanks for the info . I had a look at what you said , mine is a large 70cc bottle which looks the same as the one on sale from the 60's on that site, exept for the appointment label on the neck
redwon

Postby irishwhiskeychaser » Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:33 pm

The labeling of H M the King proves it is pre 1952. I wonder does the 'H.R.H the Prince of Wales' have any significance?
irishwhiskeychaser
Cask Strength Gold Member

Re: Black and White whisky 1930's

Postby margofandango » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:09 pm

Hi,
I have found a bottle the same as yours in an old house I have just purchased, Black and White by appointment to King George and the Prince of Wales. Prince Edward became P of W, in 1911 and became uncrowned King in 1937. So the bottles must date from this period. My bottle still has the suppliers tissue wrapped around it and the box, I don't really like to take the tissue off and just gleaned what I could through it.
I would like to sell it but I haven't got a clue where??
margofandango

Return to Collector's Corner

Whisky gift and present finder