Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Newbie, Can someone help with the year of this bottle?

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.

Newbie, Can someone help with the year of this bottle?

Postby craftymom » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:21 pm

I understand that this StoneBrook Whiskey was made at Heaven Hill Distilleries. But I can't seem to figure out what year it was made. There is a slight ridge around the bottom of shoulder, is this a 2-part bottle? This is the only seam. And, the base is a deep round indent with a dot in the center, no embossing. Can anyone give me any info? Thanks in advance, Robin
craftymom

Postby Deactivated Member » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:39 pm

Heaven Hill today makes a Stone Brook 12yo Bottled In Bond bourbon for the export market (a picture is here: http://www.bourbon-whiskey.com/todays/stonebrook.html), but I doubt the distillery made your bottle, which appears to be a pre-Prohibition bottle. Heaven Hill (then called Heavenhill Springs Distillery) was not founded by the Shapira family until 1934.
Deactivated Member

Postby craftymom » Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:18 pm

Yes, it is a pre-prohibition bottle. Hmmm, so it wasn't made by Heaven Hill? Darn, I thought I had found something. Well, back to square one. Thanks so much for the info.
Robin
craftymom

Return to Collector's Corner

Whisky gift and present finder