Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Littlemill 8 year old. 1980's bottling..

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.

Littlemill 8 year old. 1980's bottling..

Postby dram_time » Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:26 pm

good evening,

what price would you put on a bottle of Littlemill 8 year old 40% 70cl, bottled in the 1980's

haved looked about, but can not find a price.

thanks for any help/opinions.

Dt
dram_time
Silver Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:49 pm

How does it differ from the Littlemill 8yo that was on sale until last year in green or clear dumpy bottles? Those would still be inexpensive. If it is in a tall bottle then it would be worth more (probably).
Deactivated Member

8 year

Postby dram_time » Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:23 pm

its no different realy, just wording on the bottle/box. has 100% malt scotch whisky' instead of the latter, 'single malt' wording. thats all,

but can not find a price for the old 8 year dumpy bottle at all, don't think the 80's bottling will be worth any more than a late on really, just wondering what would be about the right price for one of these??

thanks for the reply.

Dt
dram_time
Silver Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:59 pm

The dumpy bottles were still on shelves about 6 months ago, so it is probably too early for them to have risen. I imagine they will rise because they already look retro.

Out of interest, where abouts in NW Scotland are you?
Deactivated Member

Postby dram_time » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:05 pm

I am in sunny Achiltibuie.

Dt
dram_time
Silver Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:13 pm

Gosh - that is pretty remote. I had a wonderful photo of the summer isles on my desktop until last week that was probably taken from near Achiltibuie. http://www.wildernessscotland.com/tailor_made
Deactivated Member

Postby Lawrence » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:19 pm

Nick Brown wrote:Gosh - that is pretty remote. I had a wonderful photo of the summer isles on my desktop until last week that was probably taken from near Achiltibuie. http://www.wildernessscotland.com/tailor_made

That's a stunning vista, there's so much to see in Scotland, so little time each trip.
Lawrence
Matured cask

Postby dram_time » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:21 pm

Yep, that photo is taken up in 'Polbain' about 1 mile from Achiltibuie, I ride past that view every day on my way to work !!!

Its a hard life !!

Dt
dram_time
Silver Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:07 pm

We'll be in Ullapool October 10, dt, and are always happy to hook up with fellow forum members. Stop in for a dram?
Deactivated Member

Dram ??

Postby dram_time » Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:52 am

that would be good ! i will put it on the calender, but you best send me a PM a while before to remind me !!! We have had some real nice Octobers here the past few years, hopefully this one will be the same for you !!
dram_time
Silver Member

Postby corbuso » Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:09 am

HI Dram_time,

You can still find some in the shelves (at least in some countries) for about £25. It has been replaced by end of last year by the Littlemill 12 YO, so this bottle will get more difficult to find.

Regards

Corbuso
--------------
http://www.whisky-news.com
corbuso
Gold Member

Postby dram_time » Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:52 pm

thanks corbuso,

didn't know there was some still about, thought it all went after the place was burnt down !

Dt
dram_time
Silver Member

Postby corbuso » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:28 pm

It is true was Littlemil was burned a few years ago, but I would not be surprised is the warehouses were not so much affected and I guess that cask were also stored at Loch Lomond distillery.

Corbuso
corbuso
Gold Member

Postby Fergie » Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:42 pm

Fergie
Bronze Member

Location: In the middle of Scotland ( give or take a hundred miles or so, each way )

Return to Collector's Corner

Whisky gift and present finder