Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Bowmore claret

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.
Related whiskies : Bowmore Claret

Bowmore claret

Postby Deactivated Member » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:29 pm

I was going through some older scribblings regarding this whisky recently, and I had to wonder how some who had tasted the Bowmore Claret limited edition described it as "bad".

I have tasted the stuff and liked it very much. Also in the reviews in the whiskies of the world section it gets a very good response from the tasters.

Noticed that some bottles are still being sold but the prices are pretty high..
Deactivated Member

Postby Whiskana » Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:07 pm

Personally I don't drink Bowmores too much but have tasted maybe a dozen different bottlings from friend's collection. Claret was surprisingly good!

Just under 150€ it was a great buy, especially because I get to drink it for free... Image
Whiskana
Bronze Member

Postby Aidan » Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:45 pm

There are so many Bowmores that I cannot remember which is which. I am a fan of some of their stuff, but don't like the 12. I've tasted the Claret, but can't remember if I liked it.
Aidan
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:05 am

Whiskana wrote:Just under 150€ it was a great buy, especially because I get to drink it for free... Image

Shop prices seem quite high for this limited release which was the predecessor of the Bowmore dusk, but some auctions seem to have it available for considerably less. Saw one on offer the other day for 110 euros at whiskyauction.com, very tempting. Too bad site requires some work to register to with credit card etc.
Deactivated Member

Postby empeslidis » Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:37 pm

Its a really good Bowmore, most impressed
empeslidis

Related whiskies : Bowmore Claret

Return to Collector's Corner

Whisky gift and present finder