Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

looking to buy two old bottles of Bowmore whisky

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.

looking to buy two old bottles of Bowmore whisky

Postby vintagemaltwhisky1973 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:07 pm

Hello,

I am a new member of whisky Forum,i am a keen whisky drinker/collector so i have been changing my small whisky collection round,i am looking to buy two old bottles of Bowmore whisky,the first is a Bicentenary Rectangle bottle 10 year old Matured in Sherry Cask and the second bottle is a Sherriff's 7 year old with it's original box,i would like them in good condition if possible.
If anyone is selling them or knows someone who is selling them i would be very greatfull.
Thanks,
vintagemaltwhisky1973.
vintagemaltwhisky1973

Postby adogranonthepitch » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:23 pm

dear mr 1973

I hope you have deep pockets! You will looking to spend at least £2000 for these.

Have you tried loch fyne whiskies in inverary, parkers whisky in banff or royal mile in edinburgh. they should be able to source them for you.

kind regards

christopher
adogranonthepitch
Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:27 pm

Just to maybe help with the prices, I saw a Sherriffs sold in Dec. 2004 for €700 and would expect the current price to be similar if not a little more.
Deactivated Member

Postby Wave » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:31 pm

They have both of the Bowmores you're looking for at The Whisky Exchange in London ( http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/atoz.htm ). The Sherriff's is going for £398.99 with VAT though it doesn't say if it's with the original box or not and there is no price on the Bicentenary meaning you must call to inquire current cost which tells me it's definitely not cheap!

Bowmore Bicentenary, Single Cask / Rectangular Bottle

Bowmore 'Sherriff's'

Cheers!
Wave
Double Gold Member

Postby vintagemaltwhisky1973 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:49 pm

Hello,
Thanks for your help,i do understand these bottles will be quite expensive,i have tryed these shops but the only bottle of Sherriff's 7 year old Sukhinder in the whisky exchange has for sale has slightly evapourated.
The Rectangle Bicentenary is not the one in the photo,the one i am looking for was only for the Italian market with "10 year old Matured in Sherry Cask" writen on the label.
I will keep looking and hope someone will have them.
Thanks again for your help :) .
Kind Regards,
vintagemaltwhisky1973.[/img]
vintagemaltwhisky1973

Postby kildalton » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:23 am

Found.

http://www.whiskyraritaeten-langer.de/w ... square.jpg

Lothar Langer( http://www.whiskyraritaeten-langer.de)has a lot of very rare stuff (a lot of old italian imports)
This one is the one You're searching for.
Ps : he's got also the other one(7 y.o)
kildalton
Silver Member

Postby vintagemaltwhisky1973 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:30 pm

kildalton wrote:Found.

http://www.whiskyraritaeten-langer.de/w ... square.jpg

Lothar Langer( http://www.whiskyraritaeten-langer.de)has a lot of very rare stuff (a lot of old italian imports)
This one is the one You're searching for.
Ps : he's got also the other one(7 y.o)

Hello Kildalton,
Thanks for your help,yes that is the bottle of Bowmore Bicentenary i am looking for,Lothar Langer does not have any spare the now,but i am sure if i keep looking some day i will get one.
Thanks again for your help.
Regards,
vintagemaltwhisky1973.
vintagemaltwhisky1973

Postby MacLover » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:42 am

You may want to try Giuseppe Begnoni (Whisky Paradise). He probably has what you want but he is expensive.
MacLover

Postby vintagemaltwhisky1973 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:19 pm

Hello MacLover,

Thanks for your help,i have tryed Giuseppe Begnoni in Whisky Paradise,he does not have the two bottles i am looking for either.

They seem quite hard to find but i am sure (and hope) some day i will come across them.

I am changing my small whisky collection round so i have a few bottles to sell and some i am looking to buy. I have a full set of MacAllan ESC's and a Pillage Malt 2005 for sale if anyone is interested in buying them,they are all in very good condition.

Thanks again for your help.

Best Regards,

vintagemaltwhisky1973.
vintagemaltwhisky1973

Return to Collector's Corner

Whisky gift and present finder