Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Old McLaren's Whiskey

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.

Old McLaren's Whiskey

Postby matthew2006 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:24 pm

Hello all,
I know this is my first post and seems rude to be asking for opinions having not contributed; however the reason I am asking this is because my mother has had a very old bottle of scotch for many years and believes it may now finally be worth some money, anyways I will provide the details below and will greatly appreciate any leads you folks can give me!

The bottle says:

McLaren's
Scotch Whiskey
John A. McLaren
Distiller
PERTH

It has a stamp on the bottom from the canadian gov't that says.
The Canadian gov't stamp over the cork in this bottle guaranteed that the spirit was distilled in the year 1878.
*Said stamp has deteriorated over the years.

Picture:

Thank you kindly for your time and any advice.
matthew2006

Postby Lawrence » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:33 pm

I think your best bet is to contact one of the whisky auctions houses (McTeers) or the Whisky Exchange in London. A simple google search will show how to contact them. I believe it has some value as older blends are starting to demand higher and higher prices but not as high as single malts. Please let us know how you get on with this.

Lawrence
Lawrence
Matured cask

Postby Deactivated Member » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:47 am

At first I thought this was the same bottle Pascal posted about here:

http://www.whiskymag.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4806

But I notice different wear on the labels. In any case, I think we established that it was Canadian whisky, from Perth, Ontario.
Deactivated Member

Return to Collector's Corner

Whisky gift and present finder