Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

(30yr) 12yr Old Pinch 1.75L

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.

(30yr) 12yr Old Pinch 1.75L

Postby alphakry » Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:46 pm

Hello. I'm new to the forums! What drew me here was a bottle of Pinch Whisky I came across. I would love any information you guys could give me about this bottle.

The label indicates it was bottled in 1989 - and is a 12yr old Whisky, so I presume that puts it at approx. 30 years old. It has remained in an unlit cellar for approximately the past 15 years.

Pictures are located: Here

Thanks!
alphakry

Postby vitara7 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:52 pm

the whisky you have is still and always will be 12yo. the bottle is now 30yo.
as mentioned in previous threads whisky doesnot age when it is botled due to the ageing happening when it is in the cask.

hope that helps
vitara7
Double Gold Member

Re: (30yr) 12yr Old Pinch 1.75L

Postby Deactivated Member » Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:54 pm

Hello, alphakry, and welcome! I hope you will find your visit here edifying and educational.

alphakry wrote:The label indicates it was bottled in 1989 - and is a 12yr old Whisky, so I presume that puts it at approx. 30 years old.

Rookie error! :P What you have is a seventeen-year-old bottle of twelve-year-old whisky. Whisky's age is determined by time in the cask, not the bottle, as it does not mature after bottling.

I'm sure someone here will have lots of information on Pinch, which has been discussed here before. In the meantime, try the search function to see if you can find what has already been said.
Deactivated Member

Postby irishwhiskeychaser » Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:00 pm

Hi alphakry, welcome to the forum. Hope you can join in the fun around here.

AS vitara7 has stated all ready what you have is a 12yo whisky that was bottled in 1989. I would not get too excited. Once bottled the whisky is considered to stop aging. Whisky ages only when it is in csak.

Don't feel too bad and just enjoy the whisky as it probably not worth much (but don't take my word for it).
irishwhiskeychaser
Cask Strength Gold Member

Return to Collector's Corner

Whisky gift and present finder