Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

40 year old Canadian Club

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.

40 year old Canadian Club

Postby TunieV » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:11 pm

Greetings!

I know nothing about whisky so I will say that upfront! Yesterday I moved my elderly parents to Florida from Indiana. As we were helping them pack my Dad asked me if my husband & I would like a couple bottles of liquor he's had "for years." He's not a drinker at all so I was, at the least, curious.

He gave us a 1980 bottle of Dom and a 1967 bottle of Canadian Club whisky, unopened. Is the Canadian Club of any value?

This particular bottle was purchased by my Dad in Canada, probably IN 1967. I vaguely remember going there on a family trip in the late 60's. The label is a little mottled (some little dots of some kind on it) but otherwise appears to be in good shape overall.

My husband just left on a trip and took the digital camera with him but I could post a photo later in the week....

I'm really curious more than anything. I don't really have any interest in selling it, whether is has value or not, since it's one of the few things my Dad has ever to given to me, but, like any one, am curious as to whether it even has a value.

Thank you for any help.
TunieV

Postby Deactivated Member » Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:42 pm

Expo 67? That was my first trip north of the border.

I am under the impression that there is not much of a collectors' market for Canadian whiskies. Of course, there is always the odd enthusiast who wants it for a collection, or to compare with current product. Some of the more knowledgeable collector types here will no doubt have a better idea--they may indeed want to see a picture or get more specific information.
Deactivated Member

Postby TunieV » Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:50 pm

Now that you mention it ... it WAS EXPO 67 - I remember the Cuban exhibition for some reason - I think it had big bubble windows in it??!!

Perhaps someone else will also reply just to satisfy my curiousity about this Canadian Club!

Thank you for your responses.
TunieV

Return to Collector's Corner

Whisky gift and present finder