Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Whisky Labels

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.

Whisky Labels

Postby Fergie » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:12 pm

Can you help

Where did I see a posting on 'Whisky Label Collecting' ?

I don't know if it was here or on some other forum somewhere.

I am asking because my attic has just revealed a small number of brand new. unused whisky bottle labels of various sizes.
They came from Dunbarton blending and bottling plant and were acquired about 15 or so years ago.

Just thought I'd better check before I do anything rash with them.

Cheers.
Fergie
Bronze Member

Location: In the middle of Scotland ( give or take a hundred miles or so, each way )

Postby Jan » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:16 pm

Hi Fergie

I have trawled these forums a lot when I initially collected material for the faq and tasting notes threads.

I'm 99% sure I did not see a thread on that subject here. (But could be before mid 2003, I suppose - I did not go further back.)
Jan
Gold Member

Postby Fergie » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:05 pm

hi Jan.
Can't have been as long ago as that cause I only joined in 2004.
Perhaps it was someone replying to a post.
Anyway. I've stuck a photo in of the sort of stuff that I have. This lot are all for the same blend of whisky but all of the labels have subtle differences, bottle quantities etc. The large one is for a one gallon bottle.

Fergie
Bronze Member

Location: In the middle of Scotland ( give or take a hundred miles or so, each way )

Postby Fergie » Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:20 am

Some more

Fergie
Bronze Member

Postby Fergie » Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:21 am

And more

Fergie
Bronze Member

Postby Fergie » Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:23 am

And yet again.

Fergie
Bronze Member

Postby Fergie » Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:29 am

The last of these ones.

Now I realise that some of the malt purists will throw up their hands in horror at seeing these labels from mere blends. But they are relics from the days when I was interested in all thing whisky.

Cheers
Fergie
Bronze Member

Postby TheLaddie » Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:07 am

Get out much? :shock:
TheLaddie
Gold Member

Postby Di Blasi » Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:37 am

Nice ones Fergie! I too save labels, when I'm able to soak them off the bottle. I laminate them and pin them in my whisky cellar for decoration and memory. Yours are quite special!
Di Blasi
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby Fergie » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:01 pm

Yes, my wee Laddie friend, I get out quite a lot but not as much as I used to in the days when I was chasing up whisky nick-nacks and collecting bottles.

Di Blasi :- Nice to know that there are folks who appreciate memorabilia and take some pleasure in things that are a ‘blast from the past’.

:)

Cheers
Fergie
Bronze Member

Postby TheLaddie » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:49 pm

Fergie wrote:Yes, my wee Laddie friend, I get out quite a lot but not as much as I used to in the days when I was chasing up whisky nick-nacks and collecting bottles.

Di Blasi :- Nice to know that there are folks who appreciate memorabilia and take some pleasure in things that are a ‘blast from the past’.

:)

Cheers

I only ask because I am asked that very same question so often. You have a very nicely presented and interesting collection. I could not accomodate such a thing because of lack of wall space due to shelves full of model cars and Star Wars Lego...

...and of course whisky labels; just still on the bottles... :)
TheLaddie
Gold Member

Return to Collector's Corner

Whisky gift and present finder