Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

How do you price whisky?

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.

How do you price whisky?

Postby eusebius » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:00 pm

This may seem a basic question but how do you guage the price of a whisky? Are there listings available anywhere that give you an idea of what you should buy or sell at? Advice would be appreciated.
eusebius

Postby vitara7 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:03 pm

whisky prices on collectable bottles change all the time, go on to ebay and veiw past results or onto whiskyauction or mctreas to veiw past results and get an idea of what or it its been selling at
vitara7
Double Gold Member

Postby Mustardhead » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:16 am

Bonhams also auction whisky. I don't know whether their catalogues are available online or whether they publish selling prices.
Mustardhead
Gold Member

Postby Di Blasi » Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:26 am

Hey eusebius, welcome to the forum! I frequently check the Whisky Exchange for prices, as they are reasonable, and have lots of stuff, hard to find etc. And a quick check at other top shops, Royal Mile Whisky, Loch Fyne Whisky Shop, Oddbins, etc. And I'll also check other shops around the world to compare, and various ebay sites too.
I'm surprised to read ebay logs past sales?? They seem to take it down quick after bidding is over. I'll have to check closer, as I do watch to see how certain bottlings do. Basically though, it ends up being what you, or someone else is willing to spend, or get to part with a bottle.
Di Blasi
Cask Strength Gold Member

Return to Collector's Corner

Whisky gift and present finder