Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Old College Bourbon Dencanters?

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.

Old College Bourbon Dencanters?

Postby trick420 » Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:33 am

Hello everyone,

This is my first post here. Sorry if I'm in the wrong forum - I think this is the correct place.

I have two ceramic decanters that are from 1972 when the Nebraska Cornhuskers were the national champs. One contains Exra Brook 12yo Bourbon, and the other is McCormack. Niether has been opened, and both are full of old Bourbon.

I'm curious to know if they have any collectable value? I see plenty of them on eBay, and they are all empty decanters - no Spirits. Values are in the $25 to $75 range (USD). So I'm wondering what the value is for unopened bottles? Are either of these bourbons remarkable? Would they warrant consumption, or should I sell them to a collector and buy some more Lagavulin?

Best regards,
Trick420
trick420

Postby vitara7 » Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:35 am

as im not a bourbon man, id say go with the lagavulin everytime.

but welcome to the forum and im sure someone will be able to help you with your query, im a collector myself, but only of single malt whisky so im no use, but one of the other uber whisky geeks will sort you out.
vitara7
Double Gold Member

Return to Collector's Corner

Whisky gift and present finder