Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Question regarding Glenfiddich Found in basement

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.

Question regarding Glenfiddich Found in basement

Postby tkdana1 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:44 am

Hello, a year ago I was given a bottle of Glenfiddich that was located in a basement. I have no knowledge of Whisky and am curious if anyone has any knowledge of the bottle. I will attempt to post a picture. I have never opened the tube, which is black in color. There is a gold colored label wrapped around the center of the tube. The front of the label reads 'Ten Years Old Glenfiddich Unblended Scotch Whiskey.' The rear of the tube reads '100% Scotch Melt Whiskey Distilled at the Glenfiddich distillery by William Grant Sons. Ltd. Dufftown Scotland, Sole Distributor For The USA, William Grant & Sons Inc. New York, NY 10020, Printed in Scotland.' I would appreciate any help, thanks.
Last edited by tkdana1 on Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
tkdana1

Postby Drrich1965 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:43 am

A picture will get you better results if you can post one.
Drrich1965
Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:58 am

What you describe could be one of many slightly different bottlings of Glenfiddich. Some are pretty collectible whilst others are not so.

As requested, a picture is really needed in order to identify this bottle correctly.

To post an image, you need to have it hosted on a website. A very popular one is called "photobucket" (Google to find it).
Once your picture is uploaded, PB will give you the address required by the "Img" button on here.

MT
Deactivated Member

Return to Collector's Corner

Whisky gift and present finder