Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Decanter Collection being auctioned

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.

Decanter Collection being auctioned

Postby DLCFords » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:52 pm

My dad has collected, among many other things, automotive related decanters.

Some are old ceramic race cars, others are more recent Jim Beam Model "A" Fords, He has Elvis music box bottles, and Henry Ford bottles. I wouldn't be comfortable guessing how many he has at this point.

The purpose of my message is to try to get the word out that these bottles, and all of his other stuff, are going to be auctioned in March 2007.

The auction is going to be near Cincinnati Ohio. Here is a link to the auctioneers web site. http://www.hiltonauctioneer.com/act01.html

These pictures are kind of a preview of some of what he has. There is one picture of some of the decanters. They are in beautiful, glass front wooden cabinets that are also going to be auctioned.

If you have people in your membership around the Midwest that may be interested please spread the word. If anyone is very interested, I can try to get more/better pictures of the bottles. He also has a pretty big assortment of Avon car bottles.

Thanks very much for your time feel free to publicize and spread this information to anyone you think may be interested.

Thanks, Dan Cradler
DLCFords

Postby vitara7 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:55 pm

heavy buggers decanters..... makes shipping very expensive for overseas
vitara7
Double Gold Member

Return to Collector's Corner

Whisky gift and present finder