Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Round bottle of Glenfiddich

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.

Round bottle of Glenfiddich

Postby bobattwood » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:09 pm

I was given this bottle of Glenfiddich in 1974.
The label on the back apologies for the bottle being round instead of their famous triangular bottle due to a national bottle shortage.
I think the reason for the bottle shortage was due to a three day working week imposed on British industry due to the miners strike in the winter of 1974
Could anybody advise me if this bottle has any collectors value

bobattwood

Postby irishwhiskeychaser » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:16 pm

I would imagine that this has a good chance of being quite collectable. There are a couple of Glenfiddich collectors out there all right but they are only a few so that is the only negative for having a real valuable bottle in your possession.

Cannot advise on value but it has to have some collectable value. If you can find a couple of people who want it you may do well. Throw it on ebay with a reserve of 100-150 quid and if there is very little interest at least you will be protected but if there is interest you may get a good return on it.

Good luck
irishwhiskeychaser
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:31 pm

Ian Millar (Chief Brand Ambassador to the Universe) tells of an avid Glenfiddich collector who buys anything and everything. The slightest change to a label; the tiniest tweak to the carton. You might e-mail him with the details and see whether he knows of any Glenfiddich collectors who might be interested.
Deactivated Member

Postby vitara7 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:36 pm

very nice bottle.

where are you located?
vitara7
Double Gold Member

Postby TheLiquorBaron » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:04 pm

eBay would be the ideal place to get the best possible figure, however Nick is correct in saying that there is a gentleman whom collects glenfiddich and has the largest collection in the world...It is quite possible that he would be interested in this bottle. I will PM you bobattwood with his email...
Cheers!
TheLiquorBaron
Bronze Member

Return to Collector's Corner

Whisky gift and present finder