Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Signed Johnny Walker Black

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.

Signed Johnny Walker Black

Postby suth100 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:12 am

Just a quick question...

i was a finalist at the Diageo Worldclass Whisky cocktail final. All 15 of us finalists, were all given a signed bottle of Johnnie Blk from the master distiller (he was one of the judges). While i have no intention of selling or drinking it, does anyone have any idea how much something like that would be worth????
suth100

Postby Deactivated Member » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:57 am

Other than being signed, does it have anything on the label to diferentiate it from the normal bottle available in the shops?

If it has a special label, perhaps saying it is a presentation for the finalists of this competition, then it will worth something.

As just a signed 'ordinary' bottle, then I am sorry, it won't be worth any more than the current market price of that bottle. Probably less as anyone could buy a bottle from the shops, albeit without the signature.

However, it is worth a lot to you as a memento of your time in the competition, so I suggest you keep it safe and remember it that way.
MT
Deactivated Member

Postby suth100 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:34 pm

No its just a normal bottle, with the signiture accross the middle of the glass.

As i said before, its worth more to me as a momento, but i was just interested to know.

Thanks again
suth100

Return to Collector's Corner

Whisky gift and present finder