Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Heads up - incoming HP

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.

Re: Heads up - incoming HP

Postby Deactivated Member » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:11 am

It's pyramid selling in a theoretical sense as it requires demand to keep on increasing, thereby allowing the price to keep increasing. The whole collectible whisky thing tends to do that, needing a steady increase in collectors to buy up the stock of existing collectors and buy up new collectibles. At the moment that seems to be working and people are making money.

Being strictly accurate, it's a bubble market - but bubbles and pyramids really have quite a lot in common.
Deactivated Member

Postby Jimmy321 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:04 am

Nick Brown wrote:
Being strictly accurate, it's a bubble market - but bubbles and pyramids really have quite a lot in common.

I agree with the 'bubble effect', the world economy has all the indications of going tits up! If this happens there may be investors (hovers, speculators, collecting for resale) in a years time sitting on bottles that they paid over the odds for, have not yet sold or think that they would increase in value in the short to medium term.

If it follows the same old economic cycle that goes on in the stock market & property market. (which you should have cashed in by now unless you are looking at in long terms i.e. 10 years or more) then there could be a crash 'or correction' in the value of whisky.

I may be totally wrong in my predictions but i think history repeats its self. People get over confident when the going is good and the market is hot, they get carried away with themselves thinking that the increase in value of their investment will always go up.
Jimmy321
Silver Member

Postby yangbrucey » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:07 pm

yangbrucey

Postby Deactivated Member » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:55 am

yangbrucey wrote:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290234259564

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

£576!!!!!

jesus :shock:

that's a ridiculous amount

ash .
Deactivated Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:31 am

I agree that this sum is far more than the bottle will ultimately be worth, but you can't be surprised when you have a steady stream of people coming onto this forum hyping it up.

If you want a real view of the value of this bottle, look at other Highland Park limited editions (there are several), many of which look considerably nicer than this one.
Deactivated Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:23 pm

Collector57 wrote:
Nick Brown wrote:It's pyramid selling in a theoretical sense as it requires demand to keep on increasing, thereby allowing the price to keep increasing. The whole collectible whisky thing tends to do that, needing a steady increase in collectors to buy up the stock of existing collectors and buy up new collectibles. At the moment that seems to be working and people are making money.

I remain unconvinced. To me a pyramid is where you get other people to enroll new members of your pyramid and you all take payments for getting new selles in.
You may not even sell anything, just get payments for bringing new people in .

I don't see any of that in what we're seeing here...

Correct!

What you do see here though is several collectors who have not managed to get hold of a bottle themselves and would now like to try play down on the fact they bottles are not what they are.

Fact remains, there are only 89 of these bottles in the world so whatever crazy theories people want to come up with - the figures on ebay are proving the point and things will only go one way and that is up.

£400 now, £1000 by the end of the year?? Why not!!

:smoke:
Deactivated Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:26 pm

Nick Brown wrote:I agree that this sum is far more than the bottle will ultimately be worth........

What kind of statement is that???

An investment is worth what someone is prepared to pay for it, end of.

I understand your hard feelings though, being a collector i can imagine your disgust seeing these crazy prices for a bottle that cost £99 and knowing you didnt get your hands on one.

Does anyone else think perhaps Nick may have a different view if he owned one?

:mrgreen:
Deactivated Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:47 pm

FeisIslay wrote:
Nick Brown wrote:I agree that this sum is far more than the bottle will ultimately be worth........

Of course - but my point was that I don't expect it will stay worth that much for very long. My reasons for thinking that are: valuable bottles tend to look good - this one doesn't. It has a small label with no graphics. Valuable bottles tend to be in numbered limited editions, this one isn't. Valuable bottles tend to be quite different in some way, HP is starting to churn out limited editions by the barrowload. The price bracket that current ebay sales point to make this look like an unattractive bottle when you look at what you could have instead. HP19yo or Ardbeg 1974?
I understand your hard feelings though, being a collector i can imagine your disgust seeing these crazy prices for a bottle that cost £99 and knowing you didnt get your hands on one.

You keep on about this, but I think you're projecting your own personality onto me. You're not really a collector, you're a speculator in this for a quick buck. Your first ever post on this Forum was about which Feis bottles would sell well and offering to come to an arrangement (with a wink) for anyone who wanted bottles bought.

Your second post was to hype up your bottle of HP and propose a swap of it for a bottle of Mor and a bottle of Kildalton.

Then there was the post when you seemed to think you should be entitled to buy a bottle of the Feis Port Ellen from another customer because £300 profit in a day was worth it. But perhaps he was a real collector and wanted the whisky. Or perhaps he was a speculator like you and thought that there was more profit to be had by keeping it.

If you look back at my membership of this forum, you'll find that I buy whisky, but I don't sell it. I buy to drink, although I am a bit behind in this process. I've pretty much stopped buying now because I want to have fewer bottles gathering dust - and certainly I wouldn't pay £99 for a 19yo HP when the 18 is so good and available for c.£50. But what I do want to do is warn as many young, gullible people as possible that this bottle is all hype and no substance, and if they pay the current ebay prices in expectation of profit they will (probably) come badly a-cropper.
Deactivated Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:52 pm

Nick Brown wrote:
FeisIslay wrote:

Of course - but my point was that I don't expect it will stay worth that much for very long. My reasons for thinking that are: valuable bottles tend to look good - this one doesn't. It has a small label with no graphics. Valuable bottles tend to be in numbered limited editions, this one isn't. Valuable bottles tend to be quite different in some way, HP is starting to churn out limited editions by the barrowload. The price bracket that current ebay sales point to make this look like an unattractive bottle when you look at what you could have instead. HP19yo or Ardbeg 1974?

You keep on about this, but I think you're projecting your own personality onto me. You're not really a collector, you're a speculator in this for a quick buck. Your first ever post on this Forum was about which Feis bottles would sell well and offering to come to an arrangement (with a wink) for anyone who wanted bottles bought.

Your second post was to hype up your bottle of HP and propose a swap of it for a bottle of Mor and a bottle of Kildalton.

Then there was the post when you seemed to think you should be entitled to buy a bottle of the Feis Port Ellen from another customer because £300 profit in a day was worth it. But perhaps he was a real collector and wanted the whisky. Or perhaps he was a speculator like you and thought that there was more profit to be had by keeping it.

If you look back at my membership of this forum, you'll find that I buy whisky, but I don't sell it. I buy to drink, although I am a bit behind in this process. I've pretty much stopped buying now because I want to have fewer bottles gathering dust - and certainly I wouldn't pay £99 for a 19yo HP when the 18 is so good and available for c.£50. But what I do want to do is warn as many young, gullible people as possible that this bottle is all hype and no substance, and if they pay the current ebay prices in expectation of profit they will (probably) come badly a-cropper.

Could you please tell me the name of a HP that has ever gone down in value?
Deactivated Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:58 pm

You are correct in your statement that i am not a collector and i am merely here to make a quick buck. That is why i personally have SEVEN (yes 7) bottle of the Queen of the South.

Now, some may say i am mad. Others may PM me asking for one! The choice is yours!!!

One thing i would say is that from someone who is "supposedly" a "collector", was it not yourself who bought 2 Kidaltons? I would hazzard a guess that one is for your collection and 1 was to drink, not sell?

The point you made at the start of your post about how you are a "collector" would suggest that you dont actually DRINK the contents - is that not what a collector is??

:headbang:
Deactivated Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:05 pm

Can you tell me of an HP that has increased in value 6-fold in the space of a fortnight and held that value?

Suggest you have a look at the HP website at the list of all its special bottles - most of which look much nicer than yours - and see what you think. Also ask yourself, if HP release special editions for a Scottish Cup Final, a business convention; and their local rugby club then ask yourself how many more limited editions you are likely to see. In fact, look at the neck tag on your bottle where it tells you that HP is starting to become collectible. As a rule of thumb, if something tells you it is collectible then it isn't.

I don't generally describe myself as a collector, although I dare say I have on occasion, depending on the context. I have two Kildaltons because I like the stuff - enjoy drinking it - and there isn't going to be any more made. I have been drinking and buying whisky now for nearly 20 years. I have never sold a bottle for more than I paid for it - I suspect that if I were inclined to do that I'd have got round to doing it before now.
Deactivated Member

Postby martin grant » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:47 pm

FeisIslay wrote:You are correct in your statement that i am not a collector and i am merely here to make a quick buck. That is why i personally have SEVEN (yes 7) bottle of the Queen of the South.

Now, some may say i am mad. Others may PM me asking for one! The choice is yours!!!

One thing i would say is that from someone who is "supposedly" a "collector", was it not yourself who bought 2 Kidaltons? I would hazzard a guess that one is for your collection and 1 was to drink, not sell?

The point you made at the start of your post about how you are a "collector" would suggest that you dont actually DRINK the contents - is that not what a collector is??

FeisIslay, nothing wrong in my view of wanting to make a quick buck as you put it. Perhaps not such a great idea however to boast about such ambitions on a whisky forum where the majority of members are here to share tasting notes - not tout for business.

Congratulations on managing to hoover up 7 bottles of such a rare HP. I can only imagine how disappointed the workers at Highland Park would be if they knew their efforts in producing such limited editions would not be enjoyed, but would instead be sold on at vastly inflated prices.

It can only be a matter of time before distilleries vastly inflate the price of their limited edition releases in an attempt to beat the ebay profiteers.

martin grant
Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:08 pm

Nick Brown wrote:Can you tell me of an HP that has increased in value 6-fold in the space of a fortnight and held that value?

Suggest you have a look at the HP website at the list of all its special bottles - most of which look much nicer than yours - and see what you think. Also ask yourself, if HP release special editions for a Scottish Cup Final, a business convention; and their local rugby club then ask yourself how many more limited editions you are likely to see. In fact, look at the neck tag on your bottle where it tells you that HP is starting to become collectible. As a rule of thumb, if something tells you it is collectible then it isn't.

I don't generally describe myself as a collector, although I dare say I have on occasion, depending on the context. I have two Kildaltons because I like the stuff - enjoy drinking it - and there isn't going to be any more made. I have been drinking and buying whisky now for nearly 20 years. I have never sold a bottle for more than I paid for it - I suspect that if I were inclined to do that I'd have got round to doing it before now.

Was it not yourself who mentioned in an earlier post about buying a 1967 HP for a "small fortune"

If im not mistaken, that bottle was approx £60 when released in 1991 and given the fact 2000 were released and not individually numbered - they have still sky rocketed in price have they not?

Why would you pay over the odds for something then it was when in the shops upon its release??

If it wasnt for the speculators people like you who wanted one, once none were left wouldnt have got a chance to try the whisky!!!

:coffee:
Deactivated Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:09 pm

martin grant wrote:
FeisIslay wrote:You are correct in your statement that i am not a collector and i am merely here to make a quick buck. That is why i personally have SEVEN (yes 7) bottle of the Queen of the South.

FeisIslay, nothing wrong in my view of wanting to make a quick buck as you put it. Perhaps not such a great idea however to boast about such ambitions on a whisky forum where the majority of members are here to share tasting notes - not tout for business.

Congratulations on managing to hoover up 7 bottles of such a rare HP. I can only imagine how disappointed the workers at Highland Park would be if they knew their efforts in producing such limited editions would not be enjoyed, but would instead be sold on at vastly inflated prices.

It can only be a matter of time before distilleries vastly inflate the price of their limited edition releases in an attempt to beat the ebay profiteers.

Martin,

I am not touting for business, i merely offered a swap for bottles i dont have in my collection and i also offered to bring others that couldnt make the Feis some bottles back. No big deal and i would hardly call that touting.

Have i even put anything up for sale on hear? Nope.

If the website is mainly for tasting notes etc, whats the point in having a For Sale section???

Deactivated Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:14 pm

Collector57 wrote:I don't believe this HP will hold this sort of value.
I missed out on the original through procrastination and I considered buying one on ebay.
Now, I do class myself as a collector as well as a drinker. I wouldn't pay above HP's £100 price tag for this to drink though.

As a collector I may have two motivatons for it - one may be simply to own something nice. The other may be to hold on to it for some years then sell on to fund other purchases later.

I could have had Dog's for £380. I chose not to because I didn't believe it would either pay for any other bottles in the long term (not that I often do that anyway) nor did I believe it was worth £380 as something just to own.

This is a short-term bubble as Nick has said. It's like the Fortnum's Ardbeg a few months back. In the first few weeks they were selling at £300 or £400. Within three months they wee down to £190 or so. Up on the original price of £150, but not much.

Of course I, and Nick, could be wrong but on this one, that was my take.
By the way, I could have had Dog's and immediately put in ebay for £200 profit. I decided not to do that either.

Time will tell if your correct or not!! Yes paying over £100 for a bottle to drink would be silly but if its an investment - why not?

The only downside to the HP bottle is that is not individually numbered but given the publicity of the fact only 89 were produced which is also documented on the tag which comes with the bottle im sure HP have made 89 and only 89.

Now, im no Gold Member, iv not been collecting whisky for over 20 years blah blah blah - but surely as a speculator/collector/whisky fan - a bottle produced in such small numbers like this has will alone justify why those are wanting to get their hands on it?

I believe 8 have been on ebay so far, none sold less than £390. Given the fact it was £99 each, you could argue HP will be disgusted by the profit margin but really - are they going to care? Nope.

The whole debate about how people are making a mockery of the whisky market by buying and selling is a waste of time. The only way to stop it is to try what Bunna did this year for the Feis and put some stupid price tag on their offering which will simply backfire when they cant shift it..........
Deactivated Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:25 pm

FeisIslay wrote:Was it not yourself who mentioned in an earlier post about buying a 1967 HP for a "small fortune"

If im not mistaken, that bottle was approx £60 when released in 1991 and given the fact 2000 were released and not individually numbered - they have still sky rocketed in price have they not?

Why would you pay over the odds for something then it was when in the shops upon its release??

If it wasnt for the speculators people like you who wanted one, once none were left wouldnt have got a chance to try the whisky!!!

I'm afraid you're becoming incoherent - and certainly just reading what you expect to read. I bought my HP1967 in 1993 from Oddbins on the High Street in Oxford. I think it cost somewhere around £70-£80, but I can't quite remember. I do know, though, that after paying my rent, season ticket to work, and standing orders for bills I had a weekly disposable income of £40. I had to buy meals, clothes and everything from that. As a result, that bottle cost me a small fortune - more than I ever imagine I'll ever spend on a bottle of whisky again. It was very, very good.

And as for speculators offering people an opportunity to have whisky when it's all gone, you're being disingenuous. You are the people making it all go, and selling it straight away to the people who would otherwise have got bottles from source. The people who make it possible to try long gone whiskies many years later are the collectors who enjoy owning whisky and sometimes sell on in the long term future. That's not you, pal.

Now why don't you, and all your grubby little fast-buck friends, push off and stop trying to leech off us here?
Deactivated Member

Postby Leither » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:43 pm

:shock: :headbang:

I'm glad I'm not a QotS fan or I'd be :evil:
Leither
Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:47 pm

Nick Brown wrote:
FeisIslay wrote:Was it not yourself who mentioned in an earlier post about buying a 1967 HP for a "small fortune"

I'm afraid you're becoming incoherent - and certainly just reading what you expect to read. I bought my HP1967 in 1993 from Oddbins on the High Street in Oxford. I think it cost somewhere around £70-£80, but I can't quite remember. I do know, though, that after paying my rent, season ticket to work, and standing orders for bills I had a weekly disposable income of £40. I had to buy meals, clothes and everything from that. As a result, that bottle cost me a small fortune - more than I ever imagine I'll ever spend on a bottle of whisky again. It was very, very good.

And as for speculators offering people an opportunity to have whisky when it's all gone, you're being disingenuous. You are the people making it all go, and selling it straight away to the people who would otherwise have got bottles from source. The people who make it possible to try long gone whiskies many years later are the collectors who enjoy owning whisky and sometimes sell on in the long term future. That's not you, pal.

Now why don't you, and all your grubby little fast-buck friends, push off and stop trying to leech off us here?

You really are bitter about not getting a QOS Nick arent you!! :P

Am i meant to feel sorry for the fact you only had a disposable income of £40?? Thats not my fault. Perhaps you should have dabbled in the whisky buying and selling game back then and you wouldnt have been so hard off.

We are the people making it all go??? Well that maybe but someone has to buy it. If its not me - it will be someone else.

Now, lets look at the Feis for example. It cost me £106 for the Ferry, £260 for the hotel room just to get to the festival. So whats wrong with asking for say £100 instead of £60 for a bottle to help cover travel costs??

Nothing.

Now, lets also consider the fact that there are those who could not go because of many reasons;
- family commitments
- too poor too afford travel costs
- couldnt get time off work
- ferry's were all fully booked
- hotels were all fully booked

These are the people who will then be willing to pay that bit extra to get these special one off bottles produced solely for the Feis. These are the real collectors, not the ones who want to waste say 1 out of 'X' amount of bottles by drinking it.

You can argue as a whisky fan/taster all day if you want. Fact remains, to the real collectors out there this is part of life for them and i personally dont see the big deal in charging a bit more for an item if its collectable, thus making it valuable.

Perhaps your viewpoint is so narrow minded its started to take you away from the real world...

Oh, and on a different note - if you want a QOS do get in touch!!

:angel:
Deactivated Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:47 pm

Leither wrote:

:shock: :headbang:

I'm glad I'm not a QotS fan or I'd be :evil:

Im a Dons fan and getting revenge!! :twisted: :P
Deactivated Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:53 pm

FeisIslay - no, I'm not looking for sympathy. I was clarifying an earlier post which you (and only you) seemed to have misunderstood.

As I say, my concern right now is that this Forum is being hijacked by speculators who are using it simply to hype and sell whisky. As it goes, you are making promises here that this whisky will hold its value and increase further - and then offering to sell it. Are you allowed to make those kind of promises? I think you are a dishonest, manipulative person who is on here looking to trick people (by making false claims) into paying you over the odds for whisky - knowing full well that in six months time you'll be counting the money whilst they will be left with a bottle worth a fraction of what they paid.
Deactivated Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:11 pm

Nick Brown wrote:FeisIslay - no, I'm not looking for sympathy. I was clarifying an earlier post which you (and only you) seemed to have misunderstood.

As I say, my concern right now is that this Forum is being hijacked by speculators who are using it simply to hype and sell whisky. As it goes, you are making promises here that this whisky will hold its value and increase further - and then offering to sell it. Are you allowed to make those kind of promises? I think you are a dishonest, manipulative person who is on here looking to trick people (by making false claims) into paying you over the odds for whisky - knowing full well that in six months time you'll be counting the money whilst they will be left with a bottle worth a fraction of what they paid.

Good, because you werent getting any sympathy from what i seen!!

Why have a For Sale Section on the forum then if you dont want people selling on it?? Cleary you have the IQ the same as my left toe..........

Promises?? Who have i made promises too??

Trick people? Dishonest?

Am i forcing people or even asking people to buy anything from me?? Nope.

Do i have anything for sale on this forum?? Nope.

So all your pathetic allegations of me being X and accusations of me doing Y are just pure speculation.

I dont know about the others on the forum but personally i dont see the need for people like yourself, spouting that kind of trash talk on a public forum. Do you feel big with all these insults?? You dont even know me yet you seem to think you know all about me!!!

Jesus!! Now if i was a narrow minded person like yourself, i might be offended by those comments.

:P :P
Deactivated Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:28 pm

Why have a For Sale Section on the forum then if you dont want people selling on it?? Cleary you have the IQ the same as my left toe..........
The purpose is to allow members to sell the odd bottle here and there. There is a set of rules at the top of the thread

"Some have started their listings at £400 which shows the expected price for these bottles is going to soar... Fact remains, there are only 89 of these bottles in the world so whatever crazy theories people want to come up with - the figures on ebay are proving the point and things will only go one way and that is up. £400 now, £1000 by the end of the year?? Why not!! " Looks like promises to me

Trick people? Dishonest?
You came to this forum masquerading as a collector. Then you admit you are just here for a fast buck. Then you claim again to be a collector. Looks dishonest to me.

Nobody forces people to buy things. But you are making clear inferences that you are looking for sales - both of the Feis bottles and these HP bottles. That's why you suggest people pm you.

Yes you do - you have offered the seven HPs for sale in this thread. " i am merely here to make a quick buck. That is why i personally have SEVEN (yes 7) bottle of the Queen of the South. Now, some may say i am mad. Others may PM me asking for one!... Oh, and on a different note - if you want a QOS do get in touch" this looks pretty clear to me that you are offering to sell your bottles.

So all your pathetic allegations of me being X and accusations of me doing Y are just pure speculation.
No - the evidence is before us

I dont know about the others on the forum but personally i dont see the need for people like yourself, spouting that kind of trash talk on a public forum. Do you feel big with all these insults?? You dont even know me yet you seem to think you know all about me!!!
I like to think I am helping people on this forum see you for what you are and I do get a sense of satisfaction from that.

Jesus!! Now if i was a narrow minded person like yourself, i might be offended by those comments.
I doubt that you're offended. But I do detect that you are becoming frustrated that I'm spoiling your chances of selling this whisky to members here.
Deactivated Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:42 pm

Nick Brown wrote:Why have a For Sale Section on the forum then if you dont want people selling on it?? Cleary you have the IQ the same as my left toe..........
The purpose is to allow members to sell the odd bottle here and there. There is a set of rules at the top of the thread

Whats the rules, your not allowed to sell it for more than you paid?? lol!!

"Some have started their listings at £400 which shows the expected price for these bottles is going to soar... Fact remains, there are only 89 of these bottles in the world so whatever crazy theories people want to come up with - the figures on ebay are proving the point and things will only go one way and that is up. £400 now, £1000 by the end of the year?? Why not!! " Looks like promises to me

Nope, it says WHY NOT! Doesnt say, i promise you it will be does it!! Muppet.

Trick people? Dishonest?
You came to this forum masquerading as a collector. Then you admit you are just here for a fast buck. Then you claim again to be a collector. Looks dishonest to me.

I do collect and have bottles i wont sell, and i also like to make a fast buck out of bottles i have more than 1 of. Who doesnt!! Atleast i admit it and dont hide behind a keyboard. If you think everyone on hear are just tasters your mad!!!

Nobody forces people to buy things. But you are making clear inferences that you are looking for sales - both of the Feis bottles and these HP bottles. That's why you suggest people pm you.

Looking for sales? Where? From you? I have PM'd some people asking if they want but again, no rule says i cant do that. If you want some, do PM me. There are a couple nice drops i can do you a good price on ;)

Yes you do - you have offered the seven HPs for sale in this thread. " i am merely here to make a quick buck. That is why i personally have SEVEN (yes 7) bottle of the Queen of the South. Now, some may say i am mad. Others may PM me asking for one!... Oh, and on a different note - if you want a QOS do get in touch" this looks pretty clear to me that you are offering to sell your bottles.

No i havent!! I have said i OWN 7, big deal. How do u know i even have 1? You dont. Speculation!! Have i listed any for sale? Have mentioned what price i want?? Nope. So i would hardly say im selling. But if you want one, as i know your really really gutted about not having one - PM ME!!

No - the evidence is before us

Evidence of you being an idiot?? Yes, i would agree.

I like to think I am helping people on this forum see you for what you are and I do get a sense of satisfaction from that.

Help them? By doing what? Giving your wise opinion on what you think about someone you actually know nothing about? Clearly your IQ is as small as your vocabularly range!!

I doubt that you're offended. But I do detect that you are becoming frustrated that I'm spoiling your chances of selling this whisky to members here.

Offended by someone like you?? No. I am made of stronger scottish blood than your pathetic insults.

Your not actually spoiling anything, iv had 2 enquiries about bottles today already so if anything you actually helping me. Thanks
Deactivated Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:54 pm

FeisIslay wrote:Your not actually spoiling anything, iv had 2 enquiries about bottles today already so if anything you actually helping me.

These would relate to the bottles you're not selling, would they?
Deactivated Member

Postby bamber » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:57 pm

FeisIslay,

You sound like a dodgy market seller.

I for one do not welcome you.

You are scum.

Get lost.
bamber
Double Gold Member

Postby whiskyandice » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:08 pm

who said that whisky forums were boring :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :headbang:
whiskyandice

Postby les taylor » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:08 pm

This is a bottle at a proper price.

http://www.balvenie.com/shop/vintage1976.html
les taylor
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby Leither » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:10 pm

Well said Bamber.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I agree with Nick on this issue.
Leither
Gold Member

Postby bamber » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:15 pm

Leither wrote:Well said Bamber.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I agree with Nick on this issue.

Thanks Leither,

I think there are times when there is such blatant opportunism aimed directly at us: the members of this community, that strong words are called for.

I mean the bloke has actually said that he's bought a load of them up specifically to sell, he's then going on about how valuable they are and proceeds to try and flog them to us !!

It's about as subtle as a bladder infection (I've heard).
bamber
Double Gold Member

Postby Ras Mazunga » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:42 pm

Feisislay your reaction is not very nice.

Nick, you're getting the sympathy vote today! :iwbrnt:
Ras Mazunga
Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:02 pm

les taylor wrote:This is a bottle at a proper price.

just got that email myself

might have to sell my hp to buy one :wink:

ash .
Deactivated Member

Postby les taylor » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:34 pm

ash005 wrote:

ash .

:iwbrnt:
les taylor
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby Ganga » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:37 pm

ash005 wrote:

ash .

Maybe FI will buy. :wink:
Ganga
Matured cask

Postby Ganga » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:41 pm

My only wish is that the speculators would keep it in the section "Whisky for Sale". I know, FI's argument will be that he is "trading". In that vain, maybe we need to expand "Whisky for Sale" to "Whisky for Sale or Trade". With this system, one can choose to be flogged rather than having it creep up in other places within the forums.
Ganga
Matured cask

Postby UUNetBill » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:18 pm

Good God. . .

Can we lock this thread already?!?
UUNetBill
Silver Member

Location: Colorado Springs, CO, USA - at the foot of Pikes Peak!

PreviousNext

Return to Collector's Corner

Whisky gift and present finder