Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

GLENGOYNE SCOTTISH OAK

All your whisky related questions answered here.

GLENGOYNE SCOTTISH OAK

Postby Deactivated Member » Mon Mar 08, 2004 3:12 pm

A while back (2001?), there was a numbered/limited bottling of "Glengoyne". What made it interesting was that maturation had taken place in casks made from Scottish Oak.

At "Whisky Live", the Glengoyne people told me that this had sold out. I got the same story from Royal Mile Whiskies.

I know where I can get this malt at retail. Would it be a good investment?
Deactivated Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Mon Mar 08, 2004 5:13 pm

Hi eelbrook,

I had him once during a N&T. It was a very nice whisky, a fresh nose, medium to full on the palate with some milk chocolate, and a long and warming finish. It was quite surprising and a first fill Scottish oak finnish won't be repeated. From what I know, they where planning to do some refill Scottish oak at the Glengoyne...
Well it's nice and rare but I wouldn't go for it, simply it didn't nock me down in instant.

Cheers,

Erik
Deactivated Member

Postby Admiral » Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:27 pm

It's worth remembering that the whisky was only finished in Scottish oak - it didn't spend its entire maturation period in this oak.

Not sure about its value as a collectors' item. As a drinking whisky, it was pleasant, but nothing extraordinary. Bear in mind also that the regular 10 & 17yo Glengoynes are fairly genteel malts.

Admiral
Admiral
Triple Gold Member

Re: GLENGOYNE SCOTTISH OAK

Postby Powertrip » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:06 am

Just found and purchased a bottle of this today....a bit dusty it was. $75 Canadian dollars and bottle #2918.
Powertrip

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder