Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Snake Whiskey

All your whisky related questions answered here.

Snake Whiskey

Postby kingrobert » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:03 am

Hi all.

Every year for new years my brothers and some friends do a liquor exchange. I have my eyes set on a Cobra Whiskey for this year. The only place I can find it for sale is online from a thailand website. Unfortunately there is a notice on the website that it is now illegal for them to ship liquid products.

Does anyone know of another place to find a whiskey like this? Preferably within the states, but I'm willing to shop internationally if need be.

Also, any suggestions if a Snake Whiskey is unavailable? We try for something unique and high quality. Shopping at BevMo won't do. Last year the hit of the exchange was a bottle of Absinthe Beetle, though I'd like to go with a whiskey for this year.
kingrobert

Re: Snake Whiskey

Postby ForPeatsSake » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:00 am

read this and thought of this post...

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/05/07/florida.snake.wine/
ForPeatsSake

Postby Alsiam » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:53 pm

I've had this on the Thai-Laos border before, and it tastes at least as bad as you'd expect. Bottle looks very cool though!
Alsiam

Postby AshDLS » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:21 pm

Errr, no idea where you could buy this commercially.

Although last year in Japan a friend took me out to a bar that had a bottle of Suntory Kakubin in which a viper had been pickling away for a few years. Although by this point I was beyond gone (long night of drinking), couldn't tell if it tasted any different to the usual Kakubin. Even tried eating a little part of the snake... I asked the barman if any of the venom was still potent, he just shrugged his shoulders and handed it over. :P
AshDLS

Postby asianguyensingle » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:02 pm

Hello, just received my order from Buy-snake-wine shop but I cannot try it, too scared hahaha... Did you finish the bottle ? I wonder why they said this as I have been delivered in USA without problem ? Anyway I paid with Paypal and can be refunded if any problem. One last thing, do you know where to find lizard wine ? Thank you.
asianguyensingle

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder