Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Need Help Finding a Glenfiddich Snow Phoenix Please

All your whisky related questions answered here.
Related whiskies : Glenfiddich Snow Phoenix

Re: Need Help Finding a Glenfiddich Snow Phoenix Please

Postby vcdman » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:53 am

I wish to confirm it is in Dan Murphys across Victoria (Australia).
If we Aussies received it at such bulk levels then surely it will be available everywhere else.

(i heard once that even antarctica get shipments before Australia.)
vcdman

Postby Muskrat Portage » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:06 am

pkt77242 wrote:
Muskrat Portage wrote:
evertonmint wrote:the distillery shop is shortly taking another delivery....give them a bell :D

Fat lot of good that would do us over here, they won't ship across that large pond between us.

Musky

Musky,

I just got a bottle at a local shop. Has it not arrive at all in canada?

I might as well emigrate to Australia then. Or Antarctica - at least I'm used to the climate. No Snow Phoenix over here as yet. This is what is at the LCBO and I don't mean it's available my local outlet:

1. GLENFIDDICH 21 YO OLD GRAN RESERVA HIGHLAND SM 750 mL $ 164.95

2. GLENFIDDICH 50 YEARS OLD SPEYSIDE SINGLE MALT 700 mL $ 26000.00 (One at 10 Scrivener Sq. in T.O.)

3. GLENFIDDICH SINGLE MALT 12 YEAR OLD SCOTCH WHISKY 750 mL $ 45.95

4. GLENFIDDICH SINGLE MALT 12 YEAR OLD SCOTCH WHISKY 1140 mL | $ 61.95

5. GLENFIDDICH SINGLE MALT 15 YEAR OLD SCOTCH WHISKY 750 mL | $ 63.95

6. GLENFIDDICH SINGLE MALT 18 YEAR OLD SCOTCH WHISKY 750 mL | $ 93.55

The selection at our outlet is exceedingly crappy, to be blunt. At present we're lucky to have 12 different SMs at any given time. And they fill out the display with ruddy bottles of Canadian Rye, for Gods' sake! It's like putting a bunch of sow's ears together and forgetting about the silk purse altogether!

Musky
Muskrat Portage
Triple Gold Member

Postby sinclair » Thu May 26, 2011 10:45 am

Spoke to a Glenfiddich rep recently who said there's plenty of Snow Phoenix bottled but are having problems with supplies of the packaging. Will have to wait and see.
sinclair
Bronze Member

Postby SnowPhoenix » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:18 am

Check the LCBO now. It's not listed under Glenfiddich, just search for Snow Phoenix. There are 200 bottles at Yonge and Summerhill in TO, and 2 Cooper St. in TO is going to get over 200 this Saturday (friday night, will be on display Saturday, so saleslady kindly told me).
SnowPhoenix

Postby andygaspo » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:15 pm

Grabbed the last one at my local LCBO in Oakville last night, it is was in the gift section and not back on the "Whisky Shop" Wall. This store has a bang up selection of Single Malts.
andygaspo

Postby Muskrat Portage » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:13 pm

Found one in Thunder Bay enroute to Longlac. Turns out they just arrived this past week. Grabbed one of the 4 that I could see on the shelf.
Musky
Muskrat Portage
Triple Gold Member

Postby Ganga » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:55 pm

It's snowing in So Cal. The Phx seems to be everywhere. Every shop that carries at least 12 single malts has bottles or at least the ones I stopped in. Prices are all over the place too.
Ganga
Matured cask

Postby Muskrat Portage » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:44 am

Ganga wrote:It's snowing in So Cal. The Phx seems to be everywhere. Every shop that carries at least 12 single malts has bottles or at least the ones I stopped in. Prices are all over the place too.

I don't care if it snows frozen whisky all over SoCali. I have MY bottle and that's all that matters! :P
Musky (A very Happy Musky)
Muskrat Portage
Triple Gold Member

Postby AMMS » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:06 pm

Hello all, this is my first post. I attended a meeting with Single Malts Direct this week and I can confirm that they currently have stock of Glenfiddich Snow Phoenix, I saw it with my own eyes! How long it'll last I couldn't say as it's been popular so far. I didn't get to taste it though!
They deliver to the USA and will deliver to Canada as well although you'd need to make contact with them first because of the customs issues.
AMMS

Postby Muskrat Portage » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:53 am

AMMS wrote:Hello all, this is my first post. I attended a meeting with Single Malts Direct this week and I can confirm that they currently have stock of Glenfiddich Snow Phoenix, I saw it with my own eyes! How long it'll last I couldn't say as it's been popular so far. I didn't get to taste it though!
They deliver to the USA and will deliver to Canada as well although you'd need to make contact with them first because of the customs issues.

AMMS: The huge problem in delivering to Canada is they may offer to ship it, but once Customs & Excise finds the bottle, it is confiscated and destroyed. It's nice for them to say they'll ship here but you had better have a US address to ship to and then go south for 72 hoursto pick it up.
Musky
Muskrat Portage
Triple Gold Member

Postby Muskrat Portage » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:54 am

Sorry AMMS, I forgot my manners, welcome to the Forums. You can find out just about anything you want to know about whisky (whiskey) here.

Musky
Muskrat Portage
Triple Gold Member

Related whiskies : Glenfiddich Snow Phoenix

Previous

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder