Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Littlemill 8yo?

All your whisky related questions answered here.

Littlemill 8yo?

Postby MacLlyr » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:30 pm

Do any of you have an opinion on the quality of the Littlemill 8? What year did they stop making it to go with the 12yo bottlings? What should I expect to pay for a 8? My wife really loves rosebank and I was not sure if she would like this one as well...thanks in advance for your responces...
MacLlyr

Re: Littlemill 8yo?

Postby MARS » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:04 am

Didn't try the 8 years old (i hope to do it soon as I get my hand on a few bottles at a bargain). It is usually very expensive : 80/100 € (if not more)
They are different bottling of the 8 years old, it is said that some are good. (hope it is the case of mine)

Rosebank is still cheaper. Exept if you get a bottle of littlemill at a cheap price, maybe it's better to keep buying a rosebank.
MARS

Postby MARS » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:41 pm

The littlemill 17 years old OB for 70$ is a real bargain(if it was near my home, I will buy all the stock). The price is more than 150€ at auctions.
No idea of taste, still.

For the 8 years old, I don't know. I will say what I think when I open the bottle. (as I said, they are different release and many different batch)

MARS
MARS

Postby corbuso » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:37 am

Willie JJ wrote:The Littlemill OBs are legendary for their lack of quality. My recollection of the 8yo was of pretty rough stuff, although not without its interesting points. The 12yo isn't that much better and I reckon that the move from 8-12 had to do with aging stock after the distillery closed.

I do not recall of the 8 YO but the 12 YO released around 2000 was bitter and with loads of caramel, not much of interest. As mentioned in other posts, the 1990-1 single cask released recently are of much quality.
corbuso
Gold Member

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder