Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Lass O'Gowrie

All your whisky related questions answered here.

Lass O'Gowrie

Postby snozzlecat » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:44 pm

Hi - my name's Sarah and I'm new to the forums but I'm hoping that someone might be able to give me some info about a whisky that I have. It's called Lass O'Gowrie - it's a blended Scotch Whisky which I believe may be about 50 years old.

The bottle says "blended and bottled by Rigby & Evens Ltd - Established 1796 Liverpool and Bristol - Product of Scotland". It says it was distilled in Scotland but I think it may have been exported and re-imported back into the UK from Buenos Aires. The bottom of the label says:
"Importado por la - S.A. importadora y exportadora de la Patagonia. Avda. Pte. Roque Saenz Pena 547 - Buenos Aires"

I would really like to try and find out how old this whisky actually is and possibly any other historical information about it. I've contacted various places but nobody can tell me anything about it. Hopefully someone on here might be able to help and thanks in advance. Sarah
snozzlecat

Re: Lass O'Gowrie

Postby susana_jordan » Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:35 am

Hi!
My name is Susana. I am visiting my parents in Argentina and found a bottle of this same whisky. :shock:
I guess it was bought by my father around 50 years ago in Patagonia, when it was free tax zone.
It says Lass O'Gowrie blended Scotch Whisky.
Have you found anything about it? I cannot find any information in the net.
Thank you!
Best regards,
Susana.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
susana_jordan

Re: Lass O'Gowrie

Postby snozzlecat » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:32 pm

Hi Susana,

My bottle is extremely similar to your picture with just some very slight differences. Unfortunately, I've not been able to find out anything else about it. It's good to know there's another one out there but someone else must know something... :headbang:

If you happen to find out any more information please let me know. If I get more details, I'll post them on here to share with you. All the best. Sarah
snozzlecat

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder