Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Drambuie Prince Charles Edwards Liqueur

All your whisky related questions answered here.

Drambuie Prince Charles Edwards Liqueur

Postby LakenSalyer » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:20 pm

My great grandmother had a bottle of Prince Charles Edwards Liqueur, she used to work for Harry Lavier's in Cincinatti, Ohio. He was at the inauguration and im guessing this is what the drank there. The bottle has a 1745 date as is unopen, I was just wondering if it would be worth anything?
LakenSalyer

Re: Drambuie Prince Charles Edwards Liqueur

Postby bscepter » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:10 pm

LakenSalyer wrote:My great grandmother had a bottle of Prince Charles Edwards Liqueur, she used to work for Harry Lavier's in Cincinatti, Ohio. He was at the inauguration and im guessing this is what the drank there. The bottle has a 1745 date as is unopen, I was just wondering if it would be worth anything?

drambuie always refers to 1745 on its label, as it was the year that bonnie prince charlie (charles edward stuart) led the jacobite rising in scotland in an attempt to regain the throne for the stuart dynasty. legend has it that the drambuie recipe was given to him when he fled to skye after the rising failed.
bscepter

Re: Drambuie Prince Charles Edwards Liqueur

Postby bscepter » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:13 am

whoops, i mean bonnie prince charlie gave his secret liqueur recipe to the people who helped hide him.
bscepter

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder