Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Gooderham and Wertz / CC whiskey

All your whisky related questions answered here.

Gooderham and Wertz / CC whiskey

Postby mr3dman » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:21 pm

Would like to know what your thoughts are on what I have. I have a bottle of Gooderham and Wertz whiskey in a commerative 18xx year decanter. It is in the box it came in and has a tax seal from 1945 on it. I know that the company was bought/ changed to Canadian Club. The cork seal is still in great shape, the whiskey has never seen the sun and shows great carmel color. I am interested in wether something like this is better as a conversation piece or saving to drink someday? Is old whiskey worth anything? I will get pics up in the next day or so. Thanks
mr3dman

Re: Gooderham and Wertz / CC whiskey

Postby mr3dman » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:39 pm

sorry it took so long but here are the pics
mr3dman

Postby Ganga » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:03 pm

I am sorry, I know nothing about this particular whiskey. Hopefully someone can help you out. Certainly seems like a good conversation piece regardless of any value. :thumbsup:
Ganga
Matured cask

Postby mr3dman » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:24 pm

I find postings about this particular brand every now and again but it never goes anywhere. I've had it for the better part of 8 years now and always wondered about wether it is any good or has value. I know about the company and it's history, not so much abt the Whiskey. Thanks for the reply though
mr3dman

Postby mr3dman » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:08 pm

:evil: Nice site real informative. I posted description with pics and nothing almost 2 weeks later. :headbang: thanks
mr3dman

Postby AdamMY » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:14 am

mr3dman wrote::evil: Nice site real informative. I posted description with pics and nothing almost 2 weeks later. :headbang: thanks

We are whisky enthusiasts, not experts. While our enthusiasm causes us to learn a decent bit about Whisky, I think you, and quite a few others are awfully presumptuous to think that you can post some random bottle, and get feedback from us forum members of any huge value. Sure it is always worth a try, but most of us have the same level of resources that you do.

Very few of us work in the Whisky agency, and off the top of my head I can't think of a prominent (or active) forum member that works in/ specializes in the Canadian Whisky industry, which you may need for this particular bottle.
AdamMY
Cask Strength Gold Member

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder