Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Glenbridge Whisky from Aldi

All your whisky related questions answered here.

Glenbridge Whisky from Aldi

Postby davequa » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:50 am

Did anybody get a bottle of the Glenbridge 40yo Speyside whisky from Aldi yesterday? Selling for £50 and supposedly worth £300

I got one bottle but it's been stolen by my wife and put away for Christmas :( .

If anyone has tried it yet I'd be interested to hear their verdict and also does anybody know which distillery it came from?
davequa

Re: Glenbridge Whisky from Aldi

Postby bredman » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:13 pm

I got one. No way worth £300, thats mainstream tabloids for you. After the initial eBay stupidity (selling for £140 - 190) the prices will settle to to around £100 a bottle. It's technically worth less than the Tomintoul 40 1971 OMC which is available for £112, which is named, higher strength, and also more limited.

It's a great opportunity to taste and enjoy a 40 yo for many people that may otherwise never get to try one. I suspect it will be a very good whisky, but not a 'great' 40yo.

The distillery name is afaik still unknown.
bredman
Double Gold Member

Re: Glenbridge Whisky from Aldi

Postby JMW » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:43 pm

No official confirmation on the distillery but there are rumours flying around that it's a certain Speyside distillery that notoriously doesn't give its name to independent bottlings very often...
JMW

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder