Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Valentines Day (help needed please!)

All your whisky related questions answered here.

Valentines Day (help needed please!)

Postby mixnmagic » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:37 pm

Hi!

I was wondering if anyone out there could help me. I'd really like to get my boyfriend a nice (not too expensive) whiskey for valentines day but I have a few problems:

1) I'm not entirely sure what he'd like. I've mostly seen him drink blended whiskeys and I hear they are cheaper so perhaps that is the best way to go? Also, he's in Canada right now so I'd like to get him a UK brand as he drinks Canadian whiskey but says he misses home brands and can't get them because they are too expensive (I'd like to treat him!) So it'd be a great help to get some suggestions on brands etc.!

2) Also because he is currently away in Canada while I am in the UK, Canadian alcohol laws obviously stop me from just sticking a bottle of something in the post. I'm considering buying online from Canada and then trying to find a way to get it to him within the country, any thoughts? (He's in Vancouver if that helps!)

I know it's early to be thinking about Valentines day, but obviously because he's abroad I have to think ahead on these things! :)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
mixnmagic

Re: Valentines Day (help needed please!)

Postby whiskynig » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:51 am

Cant help with the postage issue, but if you get him a blended, why not try a deluxe (Ballantines, Dimple Haig, or Bailie Nicol Jarvie, which is great for around £15 per bottle!).
You could try enquiring at Robbies Drams (they are online, look in google) as they post all over the world and might be able to solve that problem for you.
Good luck.
whiskynig
Bronze Member

Re: Valentines Day (help needed please!)

Postby Ganga » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:20 am

Not sure of the intracacies of ordering from the LCBO in Canada but you can get the bottles shipped within the Province to the store nearest him.
Ganga
Matured cask

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder