Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Highland Park Thor?

All your whisky related questions answered here.

Highland Park Thor?

Postby Rabconn » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:38 pm

Have seen this cask strength bottling with natty packaging being sold by Whisky Shop, no info available even on HP website?? Strange, any info folks? :shock:
Rabconn

Re: Highland Park Thor?

Postby bredman » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:22 pm

Looks like the extortionately priced The Whisky Shop have jumped the gun somewhat. They've de-listed it, probably as they're not actually holding any stock and Highland Park are yet to list on their website. All happening next week apparently. It'll be interesting what price they put on this 16yo.

I remember The Whisky Shop selling an OMC Ardbeg 18 for £180, everyone else had it up for £85-£95. That place is a joke.
bredman
Double Gold Member

Postby Ganga » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:52 am

Supposed to have 20K bottles for this run and be released world-wide. I received a notice by email today.
Ganga
Matured cask

Postby Onefortheditch » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:21 pm

The "limited" means you have to have limited intelligence to buy it. Me - I'm buying at least three!! :insane:

Why? Its going to be part of the Valhalla collection of 4 whiskies based on 6 gods - see HP website (4 whiskies and 6 gods - what's going on?). There may be 23K in this release but I suspect some of the other Valhalla bottlings may be much released in much more limited numbers if previous experience is anything to go by.

If you manage to get all 4 bottlings as a collection set, I think they will be sought after in future years.
Onefortheditch
Silver Member

Postby Ganga » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:41 am

Well, I think I have to get one for me boy Thorin. :D
Ganga
Matured cask

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder