Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Adding Whiskies?

All your whisky related questions answered here.

Adding Whiskies?

Postby Zandman75 » Sat May 12, 2012 10:53 pm

I'm kinda new to this place, so I haven't been able to locate all the info I'm after.
I apologize in advance if I'm asking a stupid question, but:

How do I add a whisky to the list (if at all possible)?
I'm trying to add the Bruichladdich Port Charlotte An Turas Mor to my "My Whisky" list, and I (strangely) can't find it anywhere.
This isn't the first time I've encountered this problem: I can't find the Arran Bourbon Single Cask either.

What do I do?
Zandman75

Re: Adding Whiskies?

Postby AdamMY » Sat May 12, 2012 11:03 pm

I may be wrong but I thought that feature stopped being supported a few years ago. I do not know exactly why, a few reasons could be that its quite hard to keep up on all the different bottles, especially when you throw in the wide number if Independent bottles. Another reason is part of why they had that set up was so members could facilitate exchange of samples, which might have caused a slight legal issue, as depending on the country of the residents it could be considered illegal sale of alcohol. Not to mention there were occasionally people that would enter into an agreement but never follow through on their half of the bargain, along with no way to actually confirm the age of the people trading.
AdamMY
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby Zandman75 » Sat May 12, 2012 11:17 pm

Thanks, Adam... but that sounds insanely convoluted, in the context of just being able to add a couple of whiskies to my list.
Your answer was helpful, but confusing nevertheless.

1) Why are these two whiskies, that are not that rare at all, not already to be found on the list?
2) Why is there no system present, so that a user could submit whiskies that are readily available for purchase through sources that can be easily confirmed?
Zandman75

Postby John Barleycorn » Sat May 12, 2012 11:51 pm

I you tried whiskybase.com this has a very comprehensive database and members of the forum can add data.
John Barleycorn
Bronze Member

Postby bredman » Sun May 13, 2012 3:00 am

AdamMY wrote:I may be wrong but I thought that feature stopped being supported a few years ago.

Zandman75 wrote:Why are these two whiskies, that are not that rare at all, not already to be found on the list?

As Adam said. ^

Zandman75 wrote: Why is there no system present, so that a user could submit whiskies that are readily available for purchase through sources that can be easily confirmed?

As Adam said. ^
bredman
Double Gold Member

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder