Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Unknown Glenfiddich

All your whisky related questions answered here.

Unknown Glenfiddich

Postby Hengelosedrummer » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:14 pm

Hello,

Recently I bought a bottle of Glenfiddich that did not have any age indicated on the label. I am curious what kind of whisky it is and what its possible value could be.

The tube has the image of a harvesting man on the front. On the bottle it says special reserve, yet it does not mention special OLD reserve. It looks very similar to the special old reserve bottle, yet the tube is different since it features the image of a harvesting man.

After doing a lot of research on the web using the label as a guide I did not find any substantial information. Since I am currently studying the field of food and beverage I am interested in the drinks history.

Since I am currently on holliday I cannot upload any pictures. Could you maybe try to give me an indication about this whiskey? I would greatly appreciate that!
Hengelosedrummer

Re: Unknown Glenfiddich

Postby corbuso » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:24 pm

This was the standard bottling with no age statement of Glenfiddich in the 1990s. It has a stagg drawing on the bottle label?
corbuso
Gold Member

Postby Ganga » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:51 am

It certainly sounds like the old NAS bottling from the 1990s which was replaced by the 12 yo.
Ganga
Matured cask

Postby Hengelosedrummer » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:43 pm

Herby the promised photo of the bottle :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hengelosedrummer

Postby Ganga » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:37 pm

This looks just like the bottles I used to get in the 1990s. Price at the time was around $20 plus or minus. I did a quick search on images for the NAS and found 2 linked to sites selling bottles: US store selling it for 90 US and UK selling it for 90 GBP.
Ganga
Matured cask

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder