Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Question re: Canadian Whisky

All your whisky related questions answered here.

Question re: Canadian Whisky

Postby mattj » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:27 pm

Ok this is take 2 since my first thread didnt seem to post.

I just recently found a few bottles of old whisky in my grandfathers closet. I knew one was in there that I wanted but was surprised to find 4 others.

I did a few searches off google and came to an ebay posting matching what I have and was shocked to see an ~$800 tag on it. Im trying to find out how accurate that is.

The two bottles in question are 1963 Canadian Masterpiece whisky. They are in a red gift box, with a kind of satin lining. They each have the original tax stamps across the top. Both are unopened.

I also have a 1973 Seagrams and a similair year Canadian Club, again both unopened and with the tax seals across the cap.

The last was a Dewars white label. It comes in a big green gift box with a glass/ceramic "flagon" I believe its called. Pretty cool bottle, this one is opened however.

If anyone can help me out with any info on these I would appreciate it, especially the two Canadian Masterpiece.

Re: Question re: Canadian Whisky

Postby AmandaWhaymand » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:28 am

Hi there,

Thanks for your question. Don't forget you can always send an email to Jonny, our valuations expert. He'll be happy to help. Just send it to

Fingers crossed for you!
Bronze Member

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder