Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Question re: Canadian Whisky

All your whisky related questions answered here.

Question re: Canadian Whisky

Postby mattj » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:27 pm

Ok this is take 2 since my first thread didnt seem to post.

I just recently found a few bottles of old whisky in my grandfathers closet. I knew one was in there that I wanted but was surprised to find 4 others.

I did a few searches off google and came to an ebay posting matching what I have and was shocked to see an ~$800 tag on it. Im trying to find out how accurate that is.

The two bottles in question are 1963 Canadian Masterpiece whisky. They are in a red gift box, with a kind of satin lining. They each have the original tax stamps across the top. Both are unopened.

I also have a 1973 Seagrams and a similair year Canadian Club, again both unopened and with the tax seals across the cap.

The last was a Dewars white label. It comes in a big green gift box with a glass/ceramic "flagon" I believe its called. Pretty cool bottle, this one is opened however.

If anyone can help me out with any info on these I would appreciate it, especially the two Canadian Masterpiece.
mattj

Re: Question re: Canadian Whisky

Postby AmandaWhaymand » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:28 am

Hi there,

Thanks for your question. Don't forget you can always send an email to Jonny, our valuations expert. He'll be happy to help. Just send it to jonny@whiskymag.com

Fingers crossed for you!
AmandaWhaymand
Bronze Member

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder