Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

6 bottle millenium box set

All your whisky related questions answered here.

6 bottle millenium box set

Postby bazzap1976 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:25 am

Hello, I am Scottish but I am far from being a whisky expert! I do enjoy the occasional malt but i shamefully admit that I am a beer drinker. Please don't hate me. Haha!

Several years ago... 1999 I think, I won a box set of whisky from my local
off-license. There is a story......

When I moved into my new home that I had just purchased that summer, I discovered my central heating to be not working. I found out that my new neighbor was in fact an expert in the field and he sorted out my whole system after ripping up my floorboards and working on it for two full evenings, after his hard day's work I might add. Lovely fella from Stornoway. I tried to pay him a hundred pounds for his effort but he refused!....... so I bought him a bottle of Glenmorangie to show my appreciation. Unfortunately it turns out that he was a recovering alcoholic and he couldn't accept my gift. I told him to pass it on to someone else then as I didn't want it...... bad move. I never saw him again. Very sad... he drank the whisky, went on a massive bender and I never saw him again. He lost his flat and his wife, or so I was told. He did however, successfully fix my central heating before the said bender. Which I really appreciated as the long, dark Scottish winter was setting in.

So, get to the point. Well, when I bought the whisky I was able to enter myself into a prize draw; which I won. A six bottle set of Glenmorangie in a presentation wooden box. A Beautiful 30 year old. An 18 year old. A 12 year old millennium edition. A port wood finish. A mediera wood finish and a sherry wood finish.

So the moral of the story is.... don't help anyone because.... well just because. I'll never forget that guy but I shamefully can't remember his name. I sincerely hope he got it back together.

My problem is that I have no idea how much this box set is worth and I can't find any information online about it. I was hoping that someone on here would be able to use their expertise and give me some advise. It would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely
Bazzap1976
bazzap1976

Re: 6 bottle millenium box set

Postby mikeymad » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:32 am

mikeymad
Cask Strength Gold Member

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder