Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Johnnie walker premium... Help!

All your whisky related questions answered here.

Johnnie walker premium... Help!

Postby Pauljay » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:00 am

Hey, I wonder if anyone can help?!

So, my wife recently returned from east Timor on a work visit. To my delight she bought me a bottle of johnnie walker premium. Now to say I was pleased was an under statement, I herd about this 'rare blend' previously and, well, best wife ever.

I decided to research a little on the Internet and noticed that my bottle was different. Hmmm, I can't find out why. Can find a few pics that match what I have from the phillipines. Now I'm paranoid that We have been scammed for a fake? My bottle has a squarer neck with a square label, the other I can find for sale has a more rounded neck and label states H.K.D.N.P

So I'm sure you get the idea. Can anyone shed any light on this? Would be greatly appreciated. My first post here so be gentle :wink:
Pauljay

Re: Johnnie walker premium... Help!

Postby corbuso » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:07 pm

Could you please post a picture of your bottle?
There might be specific bottlings for Asian, but very recently, several products have been launched, including a new 18 YO Platinum, with a different bottle (more massive and squarer)
Corbuso

http://www.whisky-news.com
corbuso
Gold Member

Re: Johnnie walker premium... Help!

Postby Pauljay » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:26 pm

Hey, see link to pic below is same as mine, cheers.

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/7715 ... 001jpg.jpg

That's what I was thinking, also I see that some variations of jw are only sold in duty free shops. Just strange that you can find almost anything on Internet but this just seems to be hard to track down.
Pauljay

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder