Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Octomore 6.2

All your whisky related questions answered here.

Octomore 6.2

Postby Sib » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:10 pm

I see that Bruichladdich have release another Octomore called 6.2 that is a 'travel retail exclusive'.

I want a bottle for my collection of Octomore.

I have a friend who is a long haul airline pilot (and a whisky drinker - although NOT at the same time!) so I am in with a chance of getting a bottle, but does anyone know where in the word he could find a bottle, or the name of a 'travel retailer' that he should approach to get me a bottle.

Many thanks,
Sib
Sib

Re: Octomore 6.2

Postby gorty » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:21 pm

Hi, you don't say where you are in the world. This whisky is on sale at the Bruichladdich distillery for £115. Alternatively why not call the people who run the airport shops in the UK it's www.worlddutyfree.com.

Regards,

Brian
gorty

Postby Suszy » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:08 am

I've recently travelled through Schiphol in Amsterdam and bought this wonderful whisky for my husband. I quickly realised this was a special release and it was in their 'Whisky Fair' in all their Duty Free outlets. Rather expensive but oh, so worth it. The nice gentlemen let me have a tasting ..... Note it's a 700ml bottle not a litre.
Suszy

Postby newckie » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:18 pm

Just bought a bottle whilst passing through Hamad Airport, Doha in Qatar. They charged me 630 QAR...around £110. Will wait for Christmas for it to be opened. Might even open my Petrus Octomore too !
newckie

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder