Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Bowmore 1971 34 YO

All your whisky related questions answered here.

Bowmore 1971 34 YO

Postby MacLover » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:26 am

I know this is a new realease and not many people have tasted this yet, or will ever taste it due to price and limited availabilty (960 bottles), but I would appreciate any opinion some one can offer on drinkability.

Thanks!
MacLover

Postby kallaskander » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:40 am

Hi there,

we have talked about this before.

http://www.whiskymag.com/forum/viewtopi ... 224fc26535

Probably what we said there is of some help to you.

Greetings
kallaskander
kallaskander
Double Gold Member

Postby MacLover » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:58 am

Thanks for the reference, it is appreciated. Interesting thread of conversation and makes me feel somewhat bad about paying what I did for them :oops: .

As I was thinking of drinking one I would love any opinion on the taste so I can decide to either drink it or sell it off to buy a better drinking whisky.
MacLover

Postby MGillespie » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:46 pm

Drink one...savour the memory, and you may decide to keep the second bottle for another occasion. To me, an investment in whisky is an investment in pleasure, and the returns only come when you actually enjoy it.

Mark
MGillespie
Double Gold Member

Postby The Dazzler » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:19 pm

MacLover,

from your post it looks like you currently own at least 2 bottles of the 34yo Bowmore (lucky you). This being the case you should certainly crack open at least one of them. I have tried this whisky and thought it was stunning, (mentioned on previous post).

NOSE- Smoked barley in a combative role against dried fruit, dark chocolate truffle and mixed nuts.

TASTE- Thick fuggy smoke cushioned on a sherry background. Fruit and nut, mayple syrup, mango and fleshy plums. Some earthy peat notes balanced on the finish with a lasting sweetness.

Deserves to be enjoyed!

Keeping one for year or so should provide you with an idea if its going to be an investment or not, (OB single cask bottles are getting rarer)!! If theres a demand then great, trade it in, after all you will have already enjoyed a bottle, if not I am sure you could open a second bottle and revisit an old friend. You won`t be dissapointed.

Slainte
The Dazzler
Bronze Member

Postby MGillespie » Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:48 am

MacLover...looks like you're building a helluva collection judging from your posts. What else do you have?

Mark
MGillespie
Double Gold Member

last 2 bottles?

Postby moorlander » Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:33 pm

went to a tasting organised by David from the Wine Shop @ Leek in Staffordshire ( wineandwhisky.com ) on the 12 Nov - taken by Colin Dunn. I was so impressed with it I've bought a bottle - apparently there were only 2 available and David bought the other for the shop. To drink or invest?
moorlander

Re: Bowmore 1971 34 YO

Postby Visqueen1234 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:07 am

Not being a whisky buff I'm looking for some advice please. I have 3 bottles of this whisky and wondered if its a good idea to hold onto them as an investment. I'm unable to see this for sale anywhere online so I'd imagine they might be worth something?
Visqueen1234

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder