Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Whisky Tour

All your whisky related questions answered here.

Whisky Tour

Postby Yogi » Tue Dec 26, 2000 4:42 pm

The year 2001 is our 25th Wedding Anniversary and we would like to do a tour of the distilleries in Scotland. We once saw an advert which included a steam railway holiday touring some of the well known distilleries throughout the highlands of Scotland. Where can I find such information about daily guided tours which may include the steam railway and accommodation.
Yogi

Postby Deactivated Member » Fri Dec 29, 2000 12:10 pm

Dear Yogi,

I am not too familiar with this tour but if you ring Caroline Dewar at Distillery Destinations (from January 4th onwards) she should be able to help. Her number is 0141 429 0762.

Hope you have a good time,

David Stirk
Deactivated Member

Postby Yogi » Fri Dec 29, 2000 10:14 pm

Thanks David, I'll certainly give it a ring.
Yogi

Postby georgebarkman » Sat Dec 30, 2000 6:55 pm

Yogi, I do not know about the steam railroad but most of the distillieries are in the Dufftown. For accomadations put into your search engine 'Dufftown Accomadations" and you will get them all. The Errolbank Guest House was great but they had a shared bathroom with other guests. Jean Smart is the owner along with her husband, Sandy. They have, with a doubt, the best breakfast in all of Scotland. We were there, in Dufftown, for three days last Aug and spent two weeks in other parts of Scotland. They may even have a Whisky Tasting depending on when you go.
georgebarkman

Postby georgebarkman » Sat Dec 30, 2000 7:10 pm

Yogi, I exagerate, most didtilleries are not in Dufftown but a good many are in the Dufftown area. With regard to accammodation all you need to do is put in "Dufftown" into your search engine and you will find out all that is worht knowing about Dufftown.
georgebarkman

Postby Yogi » Sun Dec 31, 2000 5:31 pm

Thanks for your information George, I'll certainly do that.
Yogi

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder