Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Am I the only American??

All your whisky related questions answered here.

Am I the only American??

Postby Tim » Thu Jan 11, 2001 9:35 pm

It appears that not many Americans appreciate a good Scotch.. most stick to beer and Zima I just wanted to know if I'm the only American on the board as everything seems to be UK related.. which is fine! I've started a collection but can't seem to keep the darn things unopened!! I am lucky enough to have the following two unopened:

The Glenlivet 1969 Vintage

Pinch 350 year anniversary limited to 1500 with sterling silver overlay

But I'm sure that soon I'll have the occasion to open one or both. I like Glenlivet although it appears to be the redheaded step child among whisky connesours I also enjoy Dewars, Chivas and Johnny Walker Gold Lable (have yet to try the blue).

anyhow any fellow Americans out there??
Tim

Postby SpeedyJohn » Thu Jan 18, 2001 2:31 pm

Tim,

Rest assured you are NOT alone. There are a number of SMS lovers in the USA. Check out the PLOWED Society website, in particular the discussion page, at www.single-malt.com. There you will find a great bunch of folks, mostly from the USA, who possess an impressive amount of malt knowledge and experience. (But don't tell them I said that or their heads will swell and they'll be simply impossible to deal with;-)

You are also invited to join the single malt scotch whisky club on Yahoo. There's an online chat there every Thursday night.

Slainte,
SJ
SpeedyJohn

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder