Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Foreign Agents

All your whisky related questions answered here.

Foreign Agents

Postby Blantyre » Mon Oct 22, 2001 6:57 pm

Hi there,

Does anyone know where I can find out who the agents for UDV Rare Malts series are in Canada? I have sent Diageo Corporation many emails under all their " Contact Us" e-mail addresses and have yet to illicit a single response.

The reason I ask is that a group of us are Rare Malt (Port Ellen) enthusiasts and we can only get it in certain pubs. We would like to order many cases from an agent (if we can find one). thanks in advance... Sandy
Blantyre

Postby SpeedyJohn » Tue Oct 23, 2001 12:57 pm

Sandy:

I apologize if this seems obvious, but I would ask the pubs that carry Rare Malts who their supplier is. You could also check with the folks at your favorite liquor store. Good luck.

Slainte,
SJ
SpeedyJohn

Postby Blantyre » Tue Oct 23, 2001 1:50 pm

Hi SJ,

I tried the obvious only to find that the pub owners would not reveal their supplier. They are willing to order on my behalf but , as intermediaries, they quoted me prices that were inflated over what I believe to be the true purchase price from Diageo. It worked out on average to about 90 pounds @ bottle. I can purchase retail over American web sites for a cheaper price.

Do you know anyone I can contact at Diageo that will respond to my questions as you so graciously have? In the meantime, I'll just sit back with my 1979 Laing Port Ellen 50.00% Sherry cask. Thanks SJ.
Blantyre

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder