Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Johnnie Walker Swing

All your whisky related questions answered here.

Johnnie Walker Swing

Postby badams » Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:43 am

I used to drink this when I was a youngsta and now its back in Texas. I think I like it better than Craggenmore or Balvenie.

Some scotch is great for its sipping tastes like Lagavulin, Talisker and Highland Park, but half way down those flavors mish mush into a dankness and across the board taste. But some are great for their chauffin' ability and JW Swing has the best singular butterscotch taste out there, IMO. Though I am going to try Gold Label soon. I have avoided blends for the last 15 years like the plague, but Swing reminded me of a time when price was not the restriction in blending, every distillery wanted to he included in grandpa Walkers blends and this was his crowning achievement. I never recommend blends but Swing brings back the roaring 30's!

Anyone know whats in this blend? Im sure its backbone is Cardhu, the only legendary whisky created by a woman, and who should know better what sweets will steal a mans heart! I can drink this stuff at the same pace I drink a bottle of wine.........
badams

no opionions?

Postby badams » Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:39 pm

guess no one cares for this one
Last edited by badams on Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
badams

Re: no opionions?

Postby Deactivated Member » Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:55 am

badams wrote:this is a very drinkable scotch and you will fall in love half way through the bottle.

Sounds good to me. Any idea with who?
Deactivated Member

Postby Elagabalus » Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:08 am

Johnnie Walker Gold Label is bloody delicious. It's just indescribably delicious.
Elagabalus
Gold Member

Postby badams » Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:36 am

Its the Cardhu in the Swing and Gold that is getting these rave reviews. Gold has an extra component of tasty Clynelish.

I think Ill stick my Swing in the freezer for a taste, same thing my dad did with his bourbon when I was a youngsta.
Last edited by badams on Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
badams

Postby badams » Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:51 pm

I had a friend inquire with someone in the whisky business about the single malt components in JWSwing. He claims that Cardhu is the backbone with Royal Lochnagar, Glenkinchie, Mortlach, Linkwood and Rosebank all being present in desending order. He claims the blend contains about 15 percent grain whisky.
badams

Postby Drrich1965 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:54 pm

badams wrote:I had a friend inquire with someone in the whisky business about the single malt components in JWSwing. He claims that Cardhu is the backbone with Royal Lochnagar, Glenkinchie, Mortlach, Linkwood and Rosebank all being present in desending order. He claims the blend contains about 15 percent grain whisky.

I would be shocked it it only contained that percentage of grain whisky. Even the most malt heavey blends have way less malt that that..
Drrich1965
Gold Member

Postby Mustardhead » Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:13 pm

badams wrote:I had a friend inquire with someone in the whisky business about the single malt components in JWSwing. He claims that Cardhu is the backbone with Royal Lochnagar, Glenkinchie, Mortlach, Linkwood and Rosebank all being present in desending order. He claims the blend contains about 15 percent grain whisky.

I would be very surprised at there being so few malts in a blend. I would be even more surprised to find that Rosebank is one of them. What would replace it after the stocks are exhausted? Such issues are why blenders might use dozens of malts in a blend.
Mustardhead
Gold Member

Postby peergynt323 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:44 am

Sounds like a very light and flowery blend.
peergynt323
Gold Member

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder