Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

SINGLE MALTS

All your whisky related questions answered here.

SINGLE MALTS

Postby HIBBO » Mon Sep 09, 2002 3:58 pm

JUST HOW MANY SINGLE MALTS ARE THERE
HIBBO

Postby Deactivated Member » Mon Sep 09, 2002 7:38 pm

Hi HIBBO,

I would say somewhere in the region of 1200 or even 1500 single malts, difficult to sat, expressions come ad go....

Erik
Deactivated Member

Postby HIBBO » Tue Sep 10, 2002 5:51 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Huurman:
<B>Hi HIBBO,

I would say somewhere in the region of 1200 or even 1500 single malts, difficult to sat, expressions come ad go....

Erik</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thank's Erik thats another bet lost
HIBBO

Postby Gate » Tue Sep 10, 2002 9:27 am

Or if you take "single malt" to mean the essential product rather than the many different expressions (on this basis I'd say that Aberlour is but one single malt even though it has many different versions, but Springbank and Longrow are two separate singles even though produced at the same distillery), it must be something like 120-130 Scotch singles (including the closed but still available ones) and then who knows how many from the rest of the world - another 20? 150 all told? Whether that helps with the bet, I don't know....
Gate
Silver Member

Postby HIBBO » Thu Sep 12, 2002 10:55 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gate:
Or if you take "single malt" to mean the essential product rather than the many different expressions (on this basis I'd say that Aberlour is but one single malt even though it has many different versions, but Springbank and Longrow are two separate singles even though produced at the same distillery), it must be something like 120-130 Scotch singles (including the closed but still available ones) and then who knows how many from the rest of the world - another 20? 150 all told? Whether that helps with the bet, I don't know....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank's Gate i have still lost but not by as mutch as Erik said sorry i took so long to reply thank,s again John (HIBBO)
HIBBO

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder