Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

EXTRA EXTRA Read all about The Glenturret!!!!!

All your whisky related questions answered here.

EXTRA EXTRA Read all about The Glenturret!!!!!

Postby Deactivated Member » Sun Nov 03, 2002 10:14 pm

To all readers,

As we all know The Glenturret Distillery is more now transferred in to The Famous Grouse Experience. Wich means that they are now more focused on the core brands of Highland Distillers, and the glenturret malt whisky will disappear to the back ground. In order to give The Glenturret Distillery another look, they will change the ranges of their whiskies. That means that the 18Y old is no longer in production as much as for the 15Y old(hard to get, very soon)All they have left is some 12Y old, and eventually that will disappear too.

To give it all another look, they have decided to start to bottle some nice vintage years, starting from their oldest cask in stock, wich is a 1972 at 47%, their will be a limitted stock availlable, I believe a bit more then 600 bottles. Later on there are plans to bottle some 1977 and 1980 and there are nearby future plans for a 1987(perhaps a cask strength). There also some plans to replace the standar 12Y old for a 10Y old.

So all you Glenturret fans, and every other collector and coinnoisseurs, don't wait too long to make your first move. For further details contact the distillery, and I can allready tell you that the 1972 vintage will be released verry soon(December)

Slainte,

Erik
Deactivated Member

Postby westcoastboy » Sun Nov 03, 2002 11:42 pm

Well,if you look at posting under Whisky Magazine you'll see my point - should Highland and Erik be allowed to bombard us with all this marketing guff ???

For heaven's sake - we're grown ups you know, and can see through these cheap PR tricks more easily than some people seem to think !

WCB
westcoastboy

Postby Rudolph Hucker » Mon Nov 04, 2002 10:16 am

[QUOTE]Originally posted by westcoastboy:
[B]Well,if you look at posting under Whisky Magazine you'll see my point - should Highland and Erik be allowed to bombard us with all this marketing guff ???

For heaven's sake - we're grown ups you know, and can see through these cheap PR tricks more easily than some people seem to think !

westcoastboy

I feel that your attack on Erik is unwarranted.

He has a lot of knowledge and plenty of good contacts in the industry, and likes to make sure that those of us not so fortunate know what is going on.

By all means rage at the marketing people - they clearly deserve a good slap, but the Huurman is one of us!

Cheers

Rudolph
Rudolph Hucker
Silver Member

Postby Iain » Mon Nov 04, 2002 10:27 am

I wonder which impartial advocate of Glenturret and Macallan who is "one of us" wrote this at Scotchwhisky.com...

The reason you liked it, is because there's a large amount of Glenrothes single malt in it. I agree, you can't promote a product, if you are not fully behind the product. I'm doing the same this year for Highland Distillers here in Holland, in The Hague... :-)
Iain
Double Gold Member

Postby Rudolph Hucker » Mon Nov 04, 2002 1:07 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Iain:
<B>I wonder which impartial advocate of Glenturret and Macallan who is "one of us" wrote this at Scotchwhisky.com...

The reason you liked it, is because there's a large amount of Glenrothes single malt in it. I agree, you can't promote a product, if you are not fully behind the product. I'm doing the same this year for Highland Distillers here in Holland, in The Hague... :-)</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Iain

What can I say? My shrinking faith in human nature is diminished even further. The Huurman is not one of us?

I must admit I was unaware of the posting you quote, and I certainly did not know when I responded to westcoastboy that the Huurman had posted his Highland piece on all the different topics on this website!

westcoastboy I owe you an apology. The Huurman is not one of us, he's one of them!

I hope the moderators will let him know that his behaviour is unacceptable on this website by withdrawing from him the privilige of making any further postings for the next 3 months.

Cheers

Rudolph
Rudolph Hucker
Silver Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Mon Nov 04, 2002 4:49 pm

OK Guys,

I have your full attention now. Maybe it was too much of it. First of all I wat to apologize for those I have insulted.
I want to clear up some things, I'm not a marketing machine for Highland Distillers in it's official way. Second I just want to share some good things with all of you, is that wrong Iain, westcoastboy and Rudolph????
If so? Let me know and I'll keep all the good things I hear about to myself.
I admit that go thru all the topics was a little to much of it, sorry about that.
But some things you are standing fully behind it, you want to shout it from the highest roof tops. Don't worry guys I'm still one of you, but some times you hear some things quicker then every one else, and wouldn't that be nice to share it with others!
Sorry guys if I hurt your feelings....

Slainte,

Erik

[This message has been edited by Huurman (edited 04 November 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Huurman (edited 04 November 2002).]
Deactivated Member

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder