Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Help Me Find a Classic Malt Whisky Bar

All your whisky related questions answered here.

Help Me Find a Classic Malt Whisky Bar

Postby karlo » Mon Nov 04, 2002 9:25 pm

Hi,
Can anyone out there help me get hold of a couple of classic malt whisky bars. I have the whiskies and would like to display them in the proper whisky bar. I have tried e-mailing most of the distilaries but they can`t help or just don`t reply. Even the big whisky shops don`t offer much help, i know you must be able to buy them as you see them in most public houses, please point me in the right direction if you can.
thankyou
karlo

Postby Deactivated Member » Tue Nov 05, 2002 4:42 pm

Karlo,

Do you mean the display of The Classic Malts?? Because sometimes you can buy that at on of the distilleries, of The Classic Malts.

Erik
Deactivated Member

Postby karlo » Wed Nov 06, 2002 1:45 pm

hi Huurman,
Thanx for your reply, and yes i do mean the classic malt display, i have tried most of the distilary`s of the classic malts but have had no luck as i seem to get no reply`s from them. you wouldn`t happen to know the web or e-mail address for Oban or Lagavulin as i havn`t tried them.
Thanks for your help on this.

karlo
karlo

Postby Ize » Wed Nov 06, 2002 2:17 pm

Karlo,

you could pay a visit to www.thewhiskystore.de and go to Shop. In the shop you can find section "Stills, Water Jugs, Accessories". There are barbooster from Ardbeg, Bushmills etc. but if I looked correctly for instance Bowmore barbooster did not have any bottle statements on the plates, only Bowmore label was visible. Others seemed to have plate marked places for particular bottles.

Kippis,
Ize

P.S. There was also that special Classic Malt barbooster, if you really like to have that one where are places for Lagavulin 16Y, Dalwhinnie 15Y, Talisker 10Y, Oban 14Y, Cragganmore 12Y, Glenkinchie 10Y.
Ize
Silver Member

Postby heer.veer » Thu Nov 07, 2002 10:13 am

They have them in France (but they´ll send it anywhere).
www.whisky.fr

You can´t get the wooden displays without the bottles though.

Good luck.
heer.veer
Bronze Member

Postby karlo » Mon Nov 11, 2002 2:03 pm

Thankyou everyone that replied to my dillema. I still have had no success with obtaining a classic malt bar, but i will keep trying.
karlo
karlo

Postby Ize » Mon Nov 11, 2002 2:25 pm

So this isn't the thing you are looking for? http://www.thewhiskystore.de/div/zbarboocl_4.jpg
If it is, it is sold separately without the bottles at Whiskey Store on the price of 69.90€.

Kippis,
Ize
Ize
Silver Member

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder